Old April 19th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Passenger

Default [b]Just Back From Valor Eastern Caribbean[/b]

Just wanted to let everyone know what an awesome trip we had on the Valor. This was our second cruise, having cruised on one of Carnivals smaller ships (Celebration) last year. As much as I enjoyed last years trip, I have to honestly say there will be no going back to the smaller vessels in the future. I loved the Valor, it was beautifully done, and layed out very easily. I am considered directionally challenged and had no trouble at all finding my way around. The staff was fantastic, but I have to say they were last year also. I always feel like I am royalty when I am travelling with Carnival. The food was superb. We had three families at our table of 11 and all kids were hungry growing boys except one. Ronald our Head Waiter was a blast and loved serving the kids more than one entree and appetizer etc... The kids had a blast trying new and exciting foods. The activities for all were endless and the option of reading a good book on the balcony was always enjoyable also. St. Thomas and St. Maarten were great with plenty for everyone to do. We had been to Nassau the previous year, so didn't make plans for that stop. We swam, we shopped, we sunbathed it was the best trip I have ever taken. I highly recommend the Valor to anyone planning. I am hooked!!!!
Old April 19th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

In three more days we are there! We leave for Miami on sat and then get on the ship on sunday. Just so excited now.. All packed and ready to walk out the door. I have to work thurs and fri and its so hard to concentrate. This is our 6th cruise. our 4th with Carnival. Always had a great time. Never been disapointed. We are also doing a Balcony. First time for us. We are a group of 13. All relatives. Cousins and our kids all grown up.We have heard som many great reviews on the Valor. We jsut cant wait. Thanks for posting...... Happy cruising to all!!!!!!!!!
Old April 20th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to jenischmeni

Moster62, let me also thank you for posting your review. I don't sail until June, but it's nice to hear that I won't regret picking this ship.

Also helps pass the time and gear up my excitement! (As if I needed to be more excited about the cruise! )
Old April 20th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Admiral

Your trip sounds perfect. Thank you for the review. Maybe I'll book that one next time.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old April 20th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Passenger

Cruisingrandma I wish you a great trip!!! I know how hard it was for me to finish my work week prior to sailing. You will have a great time and enjoy the balcony. I spent many mornings sitting out there with my book watching the ship pull in to our ports. I am an early riser so most mornings I ordered coffee and danish in the room and sat on the balcony until the rest of the gang got going. ENJOY I can't wait until you return to see if you enjoyed it as much as I did. I wish I were going back with you!!
Old April 20th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am very excited about this cruise. Having trouble sleeping all through the night. hehehe I feel like a little kid going to Disney for the frist time. I will be very happy to write a review when I get home. I enjoy reading them and how helpful they all are. So will enjoy writting one too. Time is finally getting there now. Sat morning at 3am will be here soon. Once we are on our way to the airport I am happy then. We are taking a limo and it all starts right from there. I will enjoy!!! Happy cruising to all!
Old April 20th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Passenger

I am taking the same trip on this ship - with a balcony cabin, in just 2 more weeks. I can't wait to see your review. Be sure to post as soon as you return!

Let us know what you liked/disliked. It's my first cruise and I am excited too! What kind of entertainment/shows are there on the Valor? What do you like in the ports?
Old April 20th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Beginner

We were also on the Valor last week and it was fantastic! We were upgraded to a suite so we felt like royalty- we'll never sail again without a balcony- we spent more time there than anyplace else!

Just a few thoughts:

Miami is great fun if you get there the day before the cruise. Bayside is a hot spot in the evening and Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurant is a blast!

If you love coffee, don't drink it in the restaurants, go to Java. Alicja and Olivia were great, always friendly and great service!

The 80s review (Friday night ) was excellent! A nostalgic trip down memory lane for those of us approaching (and passing) 40!

While in port, we enjoyed morning activities, coming back to the ship for a quick lunch, and out for more in the afternoon. Orient Beach (St. Maarten) was gorgeous and fun!

Best wishes to all those about to sail on the Valor- we got home and immediately booked another cruise on her next April!
Old April 20th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Admiral

Hello Cruisingrandma!
The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I will be aboard the Valor with you and yours on 23-April. We'll look around for you! Just look for an old guy with long silver hair, and probably sporting a U.S.M.C. cap, or a "Sun 'n Fun" Fly-In hat. I hope to see you there, and we'll all go to karaoke and have a great time!
See you aboard,
Ken