Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2006, 01:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Ectasy- Anyone been on her Lately?

I will be on her in May and noticed that I haven't seen any reviews since her renovation, just curious.
Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2006, 01:05 PM
Admiral

I am also. We'll be on her in June.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 26th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Beginner

I too would like to hear some feedback about this ship. We are planning a trip for late August. We are looking for a fun ship with plenty of entertainment, bars & clubs and some shows.
Old April 26th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Familiar Face

Just returned, 4/17-22. The ship looked great. The food was great, shows were great, weather was great, great vacation. The band in Chinatown lounge was great. I wanted to hear them play more. The band on the Lido deck is stationed in the middle. A little harder to get into what they are doing. But still, I love live music on the Lido deck. Pizza bar seemed to always have long lines, but my children never complained. Mini-golf was a huge hit with the kids.
Old May 19th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

First Cruise is on the Ecstasy Aug 31....anxious to hear about recent voyages.

Conquest, September, 2009
Fantasy, July, 2009
Fantasy, July, 2008
Fantasy, June, 2008
Fantasy, September, 2007
Ecstasy, September, 2006
Old May 26th, 2006, 01:51 AM
Passenger

We aren't going until October. Hopefully there will be plenty of feedback by then. I'd especially like to hear more about what to do in Cozumel and Progresso.

Happy sailing to all.

Phil
Old May 26th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just returned from my trip on last Saturday and I had a blast. The ship looked good and the food was wonderful. I'am normally use to larger ships but this was okay for a change. They have the new comfort beds and they are very comfortable. The only thing I really did not like was the way the LIDO deck is situated, the band is in the middle (sideways) so you can really see them play. This was the first time I've been on a ship with a female Cruise Director. I wasn't sure how I was going to like that. Rebecca was great. The Assistant Cruise Director Tina was good as well and I think with her personality she will also make a great Cruise Director one day. The excursion we took was the Fiesta Party Boat (we always do), we had a blast. It's all you can drink and they take you to Playa Mia Beach where you have access to snorkling, jet skis, banana boat, water trampoline etc, etc, etc. The fun was endless and I cannot think of a better way to spend your day.
Old May 26th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Glad to hear you had a great time PARTYANIMAL. I'm so excited! By any chance, do you have any of the 'capers' that you can scan & email to me or post here for us all to see? Can you tell me more about the excursion, did you book this thru Carnival or an outside agency? How long was it? What would you need to do regarding if you decide to do the snorkeling & this adventure together?

Conquest, September, 2009
Fantasy, July, 2009
Fantasy, July, 2008
Fantasy, June, 2008
Fantasy, September, 2007
Ecstasy, September, 2006
Old May 26th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sorry but I did not keep any of the Capers. Snorkeling is included in the price of the Fiesta Party Boat, you just pick up the equipment on board. I purchased my tickets thru the Carnival website. It was just one less thing for me to worry about. We had taken this tour before so we knew we wanted to do it again. The tour is 4 hours so it takes up a large amount of your day. It started at 10:00 a.m. and returned at 2:00 p.m., the ship left the port at 3:30 p.m. We did not have to tender so the ship was docked right at the pier and there were shop so we were able to pick up souvenirs upon our return.
Old May 26th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

All the reviews I have seen since Ecstasy was Dry Docked are positive. I am looking to sail October 7. I am wondering if I should go later as I have been in a hurricane before. I can tell you however; the rouge waves on the transatlantic I sailed on were worse! After that, I think I can handle most anything!
11/10/05
Explorer of the Seas 9/19/2004
Rhapsody 9/2003