Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2006, 07:56 PM
Passenger

Default Complaints

It always amazes me as to how many people complain about their cruise. I have never had one complaint, except for other cruisers who save seats, hog the lounge chairs and are rude.

All of the complaints of the Holiday and Sensation are just too much. Of course at times there can be problems. Just like with anything. Ever been on a vacation to Disney?

For the price you pay for travel to another country, decent meals with all you can eat, entertainment and just a good time.....there should not be too much to complain about. Go with the flow and enjoy. I think some people just want to try and get a free trip out of the deal.
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2006, 08:40 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by roynga
It always amazes me as to how many people complain about their cruise. I have never had one complaint, except for other cruisers who save seats, hog the lounge chairs and are rude.

All of the complaints of the Holiday and Sensation are just too much. Of course at times there can be problems. Just like with anything. Ever been on a vacation to Disney?

For the price you pay for travel to another country, decent meals with all you can eat, entertainment and just a good time.....there should not be too much to complain about. Go with the flow and enjoy. I think some people just want to try and get a free trip out of the deal.
I don't have any problems with folks complaining as long as it is a specific problem. What I feel is irresponsible are those folks who generalize or worse exaggerate the problem. ( Or those folks who have unreasonable expectations for compensation. )

I can tell you that on 13 Carnival cruises, the steak will be tough and dry. All I eat is beef and I know when I order it, that this will be the case.
But it is still OK. (just not as good as the other beef fare on board)
That is a valid complaint, given in a responsible way, so that a future cruiser can make an informed decision about whether or not they want to chance it. It also forewarns a future cruiser that just because the steak (usually on the first night) is not as good as it should be....don't dismiss the rest of the beef fare.

As for the Holiday and Sensation specifically, yes, Carnival messed up.
They rushed their ships back into service. A reasonable explanation on Carnival's behalf is that they had never done a drydock on ships that had "just sat there" for 6 months. Anyone knows that when you take a huge piece of complicated equipment and change the operational habits that it has known for 10 -20 years....there will be surprises. Obviously Carnival now knows they should have scheduled an extra 2 weeks on each ship. We knew that Carnival would move heaven and earth to make the ships "right" ASAP...and it has been proven that they did.

As for the Sensation's first embarkation, Carnival's error was that as soon as 1:30pm struck and they saw the passengers would not be boarding...the free pizza, sandwiches, sodas and water should have flowed off that ship.
It would have still been an inconvenience, but it would have made the process less miserable. But again, Carnival has never faced this kind of delay before and they were caught off guard. It is true that Carnival does not "control" the terminals....Customs and the Port Authority does. But I am certain that both would have worked with Carnival (as they eventually did ) to provide food and water. I can't remember the on board credit that was given for this inconvenience. But folks were wanting to blame Carnival because they could not leave the terminal and that was Custom's decision...not Carnival. Carnival does not "own you" until you get on the ship.

Most of us who are experienced cruisers know not to schedule a cruise on any ship until it has been out of dry dock at least a month. Sadly, some did not know that.

But your point is valid that things like this unfortunately do happen. We just spend over 9 hours in an airport, because of an aircraft maintenance issue and did not get one dime. (not dinner, not a bottle of water...nothing). But that is traveling today. And airline tickets for a family of four can cost you as much as a 3 day cruise.

Those of us who love Carnival don't make excuses. We try to find valid explanations (if they exist). And we hold Carnival accountable when things go wrong so hopefully, it won't happen again.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old April 22nd, 2006, 08:40 PM
Admiral

I agree Roynga....I was one of those complainers once,but you are absolutely right....Enjoy your vacation
Old April 23rd, 2006, 12:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to David148 Send a message via Yahoo to David148

I will have to Agreeee.

2 yrs ago b4 my first CRUISE on the JUBILEE, i tell ya i came on here and read so many bad things about it, and people who just got off of it and would never cruise again, i was almost scared to go on this shippp.. but when we got to the port, its like i was looking forward to being on my 1st CRUISE and ready to have fun, and you know what? i did, we had a blast, it was great. Loved it and had a ball! I then came to the conclusion that some people are just BORN COMPLAINERS, they get a high off of it, they feel like they are not being heard until they COMPLAIN about stuff , its crazy! insane!!

HAPPY CRUISINGGG!
David.
Old April 24th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhp
Most of us who are experienced cruisers know not to schedule a cruise on any ship until it has been out of dry dock at least a month. Sadly, some did not know that.
That is the truth....I will be sailing in June on my 30th cruisa and I will NEVER book a cruise on a ship that is brand new or just came out of drydock. There is a lot to be said about routine....New ships don't have it and it comes with practice.

Rick

Pride June '06
Old April 24th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhp

I can tell you that on 13 Carnival cruises, the steak will be tough and dry. All I eat is beef and I know when I order it, that this will be the case.
But it is still OK. (just not as good as the other beef fare on board).
Each filet mignon I have had on Carnival ships has been very moist, very tasty, and very, very tender. Unless you order a filet mignon 'well done', I can't imagine one being tough. The prime rib is also excellent.

Other steaks have been the same to me - Chateaubriand, Beef Wellington...very good. Now I've never tried the NY strip or sirloin, so can't say anything about them, but the four steak cuts I mentioned have been VERY good.

14 Carnival cruises
3 Princess cruises
2 HAL cruises
2 NCL cruises
3 RCL cruises
All fantastic voyages!