CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   teen Club o2 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/313085-teen-club-o2.html)

Atlsdiamond April 27th, 2006 06:21 PM

teen Club o2
 
What Carnival Ships has Teen Club O2 because i went on the Fantasy boat last spring break and they didn't have it

Luanne Russo April 27th, 2006 06:26 PM

That really surprises me, because I was told it was fleet wide. My teens have had so much fun, being involved with the teen club.


Luanne

Fern April 27th, 2006 07:34 PM

Hi Atlsdiamond,

It surprised me, too! I looked at the Carnival site and it does say "MANY of our ships have ClubO2".

I'd suggest you ask your travel agent or call Carnival. They really should list the ships on the web-site.

Hope you find a ship with ClubO2 for your next cruise!

Ran43 April 27th, 2006 11:46 PM

It will be fleet wide by the end of the year...I think the only ships they dont have the dedicated teen rooms are the Celebration and Holiday due to the fact they are the smallest ships in the fleet.

lgeiger April 28th, 2006 11:08 AM

Does the Victory have a teen club?? Also, my daughter is 14 (will turn 15 in Aug) will she be allowed to attend?? We are cruising in June.

Thanks

dj1814 April 28th, 2006 12:21 PM

The Destiny has the Club O2! I just got back from the April 16th cruise!

jacobs1617 April 28th, 2006 01:04 PM

yes 13 and above can hang in the 02, they all seam to group up accordidng to their age, its quite a good time for the kids,

Fern April 28th, 2006 07:57 PM

Hi lgeiger,

I don't think your 14 year old will be allowed into the O2 program. This is from the Carnival site (my emphasis):


Quote from Carnival site about Club O2:
Quote:

Every activity and event has been specially created with 15-17 year olds in mind.
Here's the link to the 12 to 14 year old Kids Club:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Teens.aspx

Since your daughter will be 14 in June, I don't think she'll be able to be with the older kids :( .

Sometimes, if there aren't many kids on board, they'll combine the groups, but I wouldn't count on it!

Maybe jacobs1617 has more information than I do. I'm just quoting the Carnival site. :)

Have a wonderful cruise!

Luanne Russo April 28th, 2006 09:57 PM

Just a word of caution from one mom to another. Even if your 14 year old is allowed to attend, please check it out first. These kids are not well supervised once they leave the club, which they do often. If your child is not prepared for the older crowd, she might feel more comfortable with her own age group.

Luanne

Fern April 28th, 2006 10:12 PM

Hi again lgeiger,

I agree with Luanne. I thought about posting the same message, but decided you would know your 14 year old better than I did. Maybe she's very mature for her age?

It's been a long time, but I don't think I'd put a 14 year old girl in the same "club" with 17 year old boys! She may be happier being the oldest in her age level area.

I may be "out of touch", but it would worry me. The O2 club teens are allowed to come and go as they want. The younger group will need permission to leave the Kid's Club.

It's really up to you to decide what area is best for your daughter (and you!) and what you are be more comfortable with.

Luanne Russo April 28th, 2006 11:20 PM

I have a 17 year old male and he says be very careful. He said to tell you he would not want his sister there, or younger brother.

Luanne

BOSSYGOSSY April 29th, 2006 12:29 AM

From Dan Polulak's (teen editor on the CM board) recent article:

>>Answer: Club O2 is the new teens-only club created for Carnival Cruise Lines in July of 2005. It is currently featured on Carnival Conquest, Glory, Destiny, Legend, Liberty, Spirit, Triumph, Valor, Fantasy, Sensation, Ecstasy and Fascination; but by the end of 2006, every Carnival ship should feature a Club O2 -- a teen hangout during the day, and at night a teen nightclub. Each club has a teen director who is in charge of 02 activities, which vary from one ship to another depending on the style of the director...>>

It probably wasn't available on the Fantasy when the OP cruised last spring, but apparently is now.

And you DO NOT have to be 15 to check yourself out of the programs. I believe the age is 11. A 14 year old can go to an event and leave at anytime, just like a 15 and up.

dorothy

Atlsdiamond April 29th, 2006 02:45 AM

well i just found out they added a month after we eft last year, so it is on the fantasy :)

DJ-JEWCY April 30th, 2006 01:54 AM

CLUB O2
 
This is a message to all parents from a Club O2 Director onboard:

Club O2 program and activities are designed specifically for older teens from the ages 15-17, the main reason younger kids are discouraged to join is that once 13 and 14 year old over crowd the program the older 17 year old teens will not come to the programs and will start sneaking into the Adult clubs and getting drunk. So we Club O2 Directors like to keep the older teens happy, as Camp Carnival has age appropriate activities for younger Teens!

Please know that during high season we get alot of kids coming to our activities and Club O2 program directors will turn away kids who are not between the ages 15-17.

I thank you for your understanding

Club O2 Director
Ari A.K.A "JeWcy"


Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobs1617
yes 13 and above can hang in the 02, they all seam to group up accordidng to their age, its quite a good time for the kids,


Fern April 30th, 2006 07:02 PM

Hi Ari,

Thanks for clarifying the rules "straight from the horse's mouth"! :)

I'm sure lots of parents appreciate hearing from someone who is actually on board working with the kids at Camp Carnival.

Hope you'll check back when you can to see if you can answer other's questions!

We appreciate your feedback and your work with the kids LOL ! It sounds like lots of fun!

DJ-JEWCY May 1st, 2006 06:22 PM

Glad to clarify things

Just a small note that Club O2 is not associated with Camp Carnival, we get alot of parents thinking that we are, but with older Teens Club O2 has incorporated new programs which are designed just for Teens, these programs which even Camp Carnival does have nor associate with!

Club O2 is available on Every Carnival ship and each ship has one or two Directors depending on the time and size of the ship.

Be sure to voice your opinions in teh Comment cards, once onboard so that we know what you like about our Program.

If you like to know more about the program check out the link below for more information:

http://www.carnivalentertainment.com/club_O2.aspx

Ari
A.K.A "JeWcy"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fern
Hi Ari,

Thanks for clarifying the rules "straight from the horse's mouth"! :)

I'm sure lots of parents appreciate hearing from someone who is actually on board working with the kids at Camp Carnival.

Hope you'll check back when you can to see if you can answer other's questions!

We appreciate your feedback and your work with the kids LOL ! It sounds like lots of fun!


DanPolulak May 1st, 2006 07:36 PM

Thanks Ari!

Fern May 1st, 2006 07:40 PM

Hi Ari,

Quote:

Just a small note that Club O2 is not associated with Camp Carnival, we get alot of parents thinking that we are, but with older Teens Club O2 has incorporated new programs which are designed just for Teens, these programs which even Camp Carnival does have nor associate with!
I can see why, since Club O2 is listed on the Carnival site under Camp Carnival! They really should make it clear that it's not part of CC. Maybe more teens would attend if it wasn't under the CC information.

BTW, I'd found the carnivalentertainment site before from one of the other poster's here, but can't find a link to it on the Carnival website. Is it a different company?

Are you on a break now? When will you return, and on what ship? I don't see you listed on the entertainment site!

A landsman,

lizard6216 May 2nd, 2006 08:57 PM

Ari,

would they ever make an exception for someone who is 14 1/2? My son is 15 1/2 but travelling with his cousin that is 14 1/2. He will not want to go to the younger group activities, and he will not go to the older group if she can't go. For that matter she will probably turn her nose up at the younger group too (teens!!! geeesh!)

HeidiHo May 3rd, 2006 06:08 PM

Re: CLUB O2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ-JEWCY
Club O2 program and activities are designed specifically for older teens from the ages 15-17, the main reason younger kids are discouraged to join is that once 13 and 14 year old over crowd the program the older 17 year old teens will not come to the programs and will start sneaking into the Adult clubs and getting drunk. So we Club O2 Directors like to keep the older teens happy, as Camp Carnival has age appropriate activities for younger Teens!

This is so true. We were just on the Miracle and even though it has "Club 02" activities, there is no dedicated space for them. They have teen hours in the disco from 9:30-10:45 but it was for ALL teens, age 12 and up. My teens (ages 15 and 17) said there were too many younger teens in there and didn't like it. My 17 y/o son kept trying to sneak into the disco during the adult (18 and over) hours but security was tight and he never got in (Kudo's to the Miracle security :D ). Now, if only they had kept the kids in swim diapers out of the pool. :x

lizard6216 May 3rd, 2006 07:27 PM

Heidi from the Miracle
 
DIAPERS IN THE POOL? :o THAT SOUNDS LOVELY. I will just go with the flow I guess. :cry:

DJ-JEWCY May 5th, 2006 04:40 AM

Re: CLUB O2
 
It's too bad to hear that the Miracle did not run any programs for Older teens after the combined Teen disco. Most Ships even without a club of their own still organize Teen only Disco's which run latter in the night, On the Imagination I did not have a club and used the lido deck and library to turn the locations into Teen only events. Though on every ship the O2 Director is in charge and they run their own programs accordingly!
[/quote]

This is so true. We were just on the Miracle and even though it has "Club 02" activities, there is no dedicated space for them. They have teen hours in the disco from 9:30-10:45 but it was for ALL teens, age 12 and up. My teens (ages 15 and 17) said there were too many younger teens in there and didn't like it. My 17 y/o son kept trying to sneak into the disco during the adult (18 and over) hours but security was tight and he never got in (Kudo's to the Miracle security :D ). Now, if only they had kept the kids in swim diapers out of the pool. :x[/quote]

DJ-JEWCY May 5th, 2006 04:50 AM

It all depends on The Club O2 Director and the kid count for that cruise, be sure to speak to the Club O2 Director, NOT the Camp Carnival Supervisor which alot of parents get mixed up in. I can't speak for the Club O2 Director for the ship you will be on, but in most cases if they are within a month or two, then we can make exceptions; though again its up to the Director onboard and the numbers of Teens who will be onboard for that cruise!

One thing for sure is That the 14 year old should try the Camp Carnival teen program on the first night because you never know and they might love it! I have had teens in the past whose parents wanted their 14 year olds in my program and when I allowed them the kids actually wanted to hang out with kids their own age and in the end went with the younger group! So I strongly suggest to all parents that they should let their kids try the age appropriate programs before wanting to bump their kids up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizard6216
Ari,

would they ever make an exception for someone who is 14 1/2? My son is 15 1/2 but travelling with his cousin that is 14 1/2. He will not want to go to the younger group activities, and he will not go to the older group if she can't go. For that matter she will probably turn her nose up at the younger group too (teens!!! geeesh!)


kgeneric May 5th, 2006 06:33 PM

Sooo,,,does Holiday have a club02?

DJ-JEWCY May 9th, 2006 12:13 PM

CLUB O2
 
All ships have a Club O2 Director and all ships have programs for Teens which includes daces and parties for Teens only, Though The ship does not have a Teen Only Club. Just be sure that they do have the same games as all other ships X-Box 360, Teen Theme events, Dances, etc.
Hope that helps you out and have a great cruise!


Quote:

Originally Posted by kgeneric
Sooo,,,does Holiday have a club02?


gregnjill May 12th, 2006 04:42 PM

club o2
 
We just got back from the Fascination. Our daughter is 14 and she was aloud to attend the o2 festivities. Once or twice our son and other daughter,12 yrs., attended also. As for our 14 year old, we still checked on her and told her to check in with us every hour. When the kids do leave o2 they are unsupervised. Our daughter is mature for her age but not that mature. Let her have fun, just keep an eye on her from time to time.

DJ-JEWCY May 24th, 2006 01:23 AM

Re: club o2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregnjill
We just got back from the Fascination. Our daughter is 14 and she was aloud to attend the o2 festivities. Once or twice our son and other daughter,12 yrs., attended also. As for our 14 year old, we still checked on her and told her to check in with us every hour. When the kids do leave o2 they are unsupervised. Our daughter is mature for her age but not that mature. Let her have fun, just keep an eye on her from time to time.

Wow the 12 year old in Club O2, either it was a slow week where not many kids were their, or she just passed and said she was 15. As a teacher I would have to say I would not want my 12 year old kids hanging out with older kids that are 15- 17, I am sorry if this seems rude, but NO way would my kids ESP. 12 year olds be allowed to go with older kids. Honestly Can I ask you why you think it's ok for your 12 year old to hang out with older kids??? I am sorry but parents do step up and voice your opinion in this one!

you might say yes I had my eye on them, but now your back at home how can you stop your younger kids from doing who knows what with older kids? I am just taken back by this!

Mrs. P May 24th, 2006 06:04 PM

Well I have a 12 yr old, a 16 yr old, an 18 yr old and a 20 yr old. And personally this is just my opinion I would let my 12 yr old attend if you older sisters (16, & 18 yr olds) or brother (20 yr) is there. They sometimes go places together at home, and if they are with her I trust that I don't have a problem with it. But like I said that is just my opinion and I don't disrespect or knock anyone who believes differently.

gregnjill May 24th, 2006 09:11 PM

teen Club o2
 
First of all, yes there were not a lot of kids on this trip. As for our 12 year olds, the only thing they participated with this club was the laser tag which was played in other parts of the ship. There was also a gentleman who worked on the ship that played. His name is Gary. This was the best part of the trip for these two "younger" children. And for your information, there was more concern over the older child than that of the "younger" ones. Please read the entire column.

DJ-JEWCY May 25th, 2006 01:12 AM

Re: teen Club o2
 
I did not mean to offend you in any way, But as you say Do read the wholle column.
Carnival has diffrent age appropriate activities for kids, and As I said in my other comments "It's nice to have kids in their own age group." For one activity I would never have a problem with, as when I have done fear factor I have had younger Teens join in and it's not a problem. The only thing I see a problem is when Club O2 is over taken by younger kids and the older ones do not want to hang out anymore and just want to sneak into the clubs and get drunk! Though this does not apply for your kids comming to only one activity!


Quote:

Originally Posted by gregnjill
First of all, yes there were not a lot of kids on this trip. As for our 12 year olds, the only thing they participated with this club was the laser tag which was played in other parts of the ship. There was also a gentleman who worked on the ship that played. His name is Gary. This was the best part of the trip for these two "younger" children. And for your information, there was more concern over the older child than that of the "younger" ones. Please read the entire column.



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1