Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Passenger

Default 12 day Med. crusie, Oct 22

My sister and I are taking this cruise in Oct, and will be flying in from Chicago, with arrival on the day the cruise departs, so two questions here:
1. Our flight will arrive Rome somewhere between 9 and 11AM, so wondered about what to do, where to go between that time and the time we can board the ship - Carnival excursions, or...? Dont want to be dragging luggage around for 6 hours!

2. Our return flight will be leaving somewhere between 6 and 9 AM (have not booked flights yet) so with ship getting back into Rome at 8am it will mean we will have to spend the night on Friday and get our flight home on Sat, so would like recommendations of someplace to stay - older place is fine, as long as it is clean and relatively inexpensive.
Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Aussie

We are doing the same cruise on July 6 so I will be able to tell you more information when we come back to Connecticut. We have done a flight/transfer/hotel/transfer to the ship and then after the cruise, ship transfer back to the airport on departure day.
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Passenger

Great - have a wonderful time, and I will look forward to hearing all about it. You will have to let us know all about shore excursions, etc, so we know what to pass on and what to take.
Old April 29th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Carnival Vincent

I’m doing the same cruise in 19 day’s. I’m staying at the Sunbay Park Hotel in Civitavecchia, only minutes to the port by taxi. It’s an old but clean Hotel with breathtaking view of the Mediterranean. I stayed already at that hotel last year also before my cruise. (Liberty Transatlantic). The prices are about $ 100 per night and European breakfast is included. From the hotel it is about 45 minutes (taxi) drive to the airport. That $100. Car rental is also available. Hertz and Avis have an office in Civitavecchia. Civitavecchia is a small city, you can do some shopping there or enjoy a walk on the Boulevard. There’s also a nice fort that you can visit.

These website’s give you some more information:
http://www.civitavecchia.com/uk/index.html
http://www.sunbayparkhotel.it/
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...hia_Lazio.html

I’m staying in this hotel before and after my cruise.

Vincent
Cruise History: 1990 Mardi Gras, 1993 Jubilee, 1998 Imagination, 2002 Fantasy, 2003 Carnival Spirit (panama canal), 2004 Carnival Triumph, 2005 Carnival Liberty (transatlantic)
Old April 30th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the hotel information, Vincent - I will look it over and pass the information along to my sister. Did have a question tho - are you saying the cab ride from the hotel to the airport is $100.00? That's a lot of money for a 45 minute ride!
Old April 30th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Carnival Vincent

Yes I know it is a lot of money. I have to say it isn’t $100 but it’s 100 euro. That’s even more about $120. These taxi’s have to get back to the airport so you have to pay for that to. Taxi’s are expensive in Europe. Last year I took a rental car for 36 hours from Hertz and I paid 200 euro for that. So also Car rental isn’t cheap. This year I’m taking a cab from the airport to my hotel. These prices are from other people from this board. So I tell you in a few weeks what I really had to pay for the taxi. I’m going back from my hotel to the airport with a rental car so I have something to compare.

I let you know.

Vincent