Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to David148 Send a message via Yahoo to David148
Default Cat. Questions!

Hey Everyone!!

We are about to book are 3rd cruise, on The Carnival Glory for Oct.

Just a question. there will be 3 of us. what cat. would have 3 beds? 2 lowers and 2 that come down from the wall? and do Ocean Views have these types of rooms? cuz most pics that i see of ocean view/balcony cabins have like one big bed, if any way we would like to book maybe a balcony or ocean view. we usually book an inside Guaranteed cabin, well we did on our 1st carnival cruise. so if you book an inside Guaranteed cabin, does it start on the Riviera deck? meaning an upgrade could be on the Main Deck? or can u book a Guaranteed Cabin on at lease the Upper Deck and in hopes to be upgraded to a few more decks? how does the UPGRADES work?

Thanks!

-David.
Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Wow...questions questions...lol. Not sure about the upgrades. I would like to find out myself, but don't know. As far as room - we have always had 3 people in our room and the sofa makes out to a bed and thats the 3rd bed. They have that in the oceanview and balcony and I am sure inside also. You will LOVE the Glory! We just got off of her a week ago! Do NOT miss ANY of the shows! They are awesome and Mark Price is hilarous!
Old April 30th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Captain

The easiest way to see what beds are offered on each deck is to check the deck plans on Carnival's website. There is a key on each deck plan that shows the symbols for the different bed configurations. for example, a sideways 8 means that there is a queen bed, upper and a single convertable sofa. You mentioned that there were 3 of you but ask about rooms with 4 beds. i just found out from my Carnival rep that you can't book a cabin that has more beds than the number of passengers booking the reservation. (we wanted to book a cabin for 4 but only make the deposit for the first 2 and add 2 more later).

As far as upgrades go on a guarantee room, yes you can get different catagories of guarantee rooms. if you book an oceanview guarantee, you could get nothing LESS than an oceanview room, but could be upgraded from there. Usually the upgrade is within the catagory (oceanview to oceanview) but I have seen some that were upgraded to balcony and suite cabins. If you want nothing less than a 6B cabin for example, you can book a 6B guarantee instead of just an oceanview guarantee and you will get a room assignment that is no less than a 6B room. With each catagory you go up ie. oceanview guarantee, 6A guarantee, 6B guarantee etc. there is a price increase. We once booked a 6D guarantee on the Elation Since there are no balcony cabins except suites, we were guaranteed no less than a cat 6D room or an upgrade. We were upgraded to a cat12 suite!

I hope this help!!

AKcruiser
Carnival cruise #11 April 22 2007
Carnival Victory
Old April 30th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

Has cherylroy stated, If you go outside (Oceanview or balcony) you'll have the sofa (which makes into a bed ) for the 3'rd person. I don't know about the Glory, but on the Conquest, we could pull our bed apart, to make two singles, instead of one double bed. Because thats the way we found them, when we got to our cabin.

Inside cabins- Never had one on Carnival, so I can't tell you about that. If you ever go outside or a balcony, it will be hard to go back inside.

Upgrades- theres noway of knowing if you'll get one, or if you do, how good it will be. Thats on Carnival .

Happy Sailing;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old May 1st, 2006, 12:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to David148 Send a message via Yahoo to David148

Thanks for the info Everyone!!

as far as the 4 beds, the past 2 cruises i have been on , carnival and norwegian, we have had 4 beds and 3 people...we always used the extra bed to store out luggage..but 3 beds is fine lol we have always just asked for a room with 3 beds and wound up with the 4 beds!