Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2006, 08:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default TV screen on Liberty pool

What do they play on that big screen on the Liberty? Its a TV screen or what? How large is it??
Old May 1st, 2006, 10:58 PM
Admiral

The screen is 12 feet tall and 22 feet wide and has a 70,000 watt sound system. Like the screens you see in large stadiums. One night they showed Ray, The Phantom of the Opera, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Monster's Inc., Grease, Shrek, Finding Nemo, The Rocky Horror Picture Show & The Blues Brothers. They also showed concerts like: James Taylor, Pavarotti, Diana Krall, George Benson, Cher, Tina Turner, Tom Jones.
It is a nice set up. You'll be given a seperate Capers with the Seaside Theatre schedule in it.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 12:24 AM
Admiral

OH cool!!!!! I bet its crowded tho! They have chairs/lounges, or what for you to sit on?? How awesome! I would LOVE to see phantom of the opera on a screen that size!! I'm so glad i switched my cruises from Conquest (which I have been on) to Liberty (which i have not been on).
thanks!! Does it play round the clock...daily or what??
Old May 2nd, 2006, 08:48 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Carnival Vincent

There are chairs to sit on, to watch the big screen. It does play around the clock and the sound is great to. Can't wait to watch the big screen again. I'm cruising her in 16 day's to go.............

See this website with the live webcam from the Liberty, you can see the big screen for yourself.

http://www.mediacons.it/infoCarnival...erty&channel=2

Vincent
Cruise History: 1990 Mardi Gras, 1993 Jubilee, 1998 Imagination, 2002 Fantasy, 2003 Carnival Spirit (Panama Canal Miami - San Diego), 2004 Carnival Triumph, 2005 Carnival Liberty (Transatlantic Civitavecchia - Miami)
Old May 2nd, 2006, 11:46 AM
Admiral

You will find events scheduled from about 9:00 a.m. until Midnight each day for the big screen. It has a tiered area where you can sit and enjoy it as though you are in a movie theatre, or you can lay on a pool lounge and sit back to relax with a drink as the screen is right above the pool. Strangely enough it was not crowded at all during the times we checked it out. It was a very cool way to see Harry Potter, it kind of seemed as though there were wizards riding their brooms around the deck of the ship lol.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 02:02 PM
Admiral

Thanks for all your information!! Carnival Liberty........please post review when you get back and/or let us know all about it!! Thanks to all
Old May 4th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Beginner

they show previuosthings that have been going on on the ship.sports music videos.
Old May 4th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Haven't seen the one on the Liberty but, DF and I saw the one on the Grand Princess and it was clear. At night, you can go to the Princess website and click on the Grand Princess and then click on the bridge cam and see what is on the large screen as they show it on the bridge cam at night.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 4th, 2006, 02:41 PM
First Mate

i know i am going to get flamed for asking this question but please remember it is NOT me that is going to be doing the '' smelly deed ''. are you allowed to smoke while you are watching the big screen. i try my best to stay away for the smokers and am just wondering if they have a special section for them that i can avoid. thanks for any reply.
Old May 4th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Antron, smoking is allowed on one side of the open deck. If you stay near the pool, or watch Harry Potter while in the Hot Tub, you are free of smoke.
I cannot stand smoke either, had no probs whatsoever. One time somebody smoked almost right next to me, I asked him to change seats with me, because the wind was blowing my way, and that was no problem too. The smoker appologized to me for bothering me with his smoking addict.

Go and have fun!

Read and post cruise reviews

Old May 5th, 2006, 02:47 AM
First Mate

thanks jacqueline

i smoked for 38 yrs. i quit 7 yrs ago and now i know how nasty it is and what a waste of money goes into '' puffing away ''. it is good to know that there is a spot to go to be more away from the smoke.
Old May 5th, 2006, 11:25 AM
First Mate

does anyone know if they are going to put these on any of the other Carnival ships?

Royale 5/85; Oceanic 7/85, 5/86, 5/89
Veracruz 7/88; Fantasy 7/97;
Tropicale 6/98; Sov. Seas 6/99;
Sensation 5/03, 5/04; Glory 9/03,Triumph 9/04; Pride 3/05