Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Familiar Face

Default Category 6E

There's a 99% chance of my family and I going on a cruise next year. I was finally able to speak to my husband about it, and he agreed to go on a family vacation. We've been married 15 years and have three children, but we have never really vacationed as a family. We have gone on day trips many times, but nothing as far as flying anywhere...at least not all of us together.

I know that a vacation for a family of 5 can be downright expensive, so I've been doing a lot of research. For now I'm looking to book a 7 night cruise on the Victory to the Western Caribbean: Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios for April 8, 2007.

Booking a cabin for 5 people is a bit tight, so I figured we could book a porthole for the kids and a connecting ocean view for hubby and myself. I WILL NOT HAVE MY YOUNG KIDS SLEEPING ALONE ACROSS THE HALL FROM US IN AN INSIDE CABIN. Having adjoining cabins gives me a peace of mind.

In my searching different sites, including Carnival's, I learned that there's a category 6E which sleeps 5 people, and is bigger than the standard 185 sq. feet; it also has floor to ceiling window which is a BIG PLUS. It's a couple of hundred dollars more than my initial plan, but that's not my concern.

My concern is that this particular category is on the highest deck...I think, and I know that the higher you're at, the more movement you feel. My initial plan was to book cabins on the Riviera deck, cabins 1214 & 1218. I was even a bit concerned then, because that's located at the very front of the ship, where you can feel the movement.

Should I stay with my initial plan of booking these two cabins, or should I switch to category 6E? I don't want to be all cramped up in one cabin, but if category 6E sleeps 5 comfortably, I would go for it...it's just the fact that it's soo high up. I'm afraid we'll get seasick.

Any thoughts, suggestions, opinions?
Sponsored Links
Old May 14th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

For me, 5 in any size cabin on Carnival is tight. We did 4 adults in a Cat 12 and space was very tight and one bathroom just wasn't enough.

In my opinion, take the two cabins - you will be more comfortable, have two bathrooms, closets, etc.

Jodi
Old May 14th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Familiar Face

But, it seems to me that category 6E is much larger, thus, giving you a little bit of more room. I do, however, like the idea of having 2 cabins.