Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Passenger

Default RCCL or Carnival

We need some feedback on which cruiseline to take this year. We've been on Carnival for the past three years. Our last trip being the best yet on the Glory to The Virgin Islands.
We are bringing first time cruisers with us this year and prefer only 4 to 5 nights with 2 balcony suites (something Carnival doesn't offer on its shorter cruises). We are thinking about RCCL but don't want to make a mistake on our once a year vacation. (We're looking at Enchantment of the Seas). Anyone?

Thanks!
Old May 19th, 2006, 05:33 PM
First Mate

I have been on both Carnival and RCCL. They both offer lots of activities, and are very good if you want an active fun cruise. I think that if you have been on Carnival a few times you will not be disapointed by RCCL.

Carnival Mardi Gras - July 1991
RCCL Viking Serenade - November 1994
Carnival Pride - September 2004
Old May 19th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

check out rccl message boards espellay dave the wave,he loves the enchantment,although ,i would recomend the jewel of the seas 6 night.
Old May 20th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Passenger

Default Thanks

Thanks you two....I'm hearing alot of good things about Enchantment.
Old May 20th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Beginner

My wife and I have cruised on Carnival and Royal Caribbean. We have never had a bad experience with Carnival. The same cannot be said for Royal Caribbean. We will not sail with them again. There are too many great deals out there with other cruise lines for us to take a chance with them again.

The best cruise was on the Paradise back when it was still non-smoking.

Charles
Old May 20th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Passenger

We took the Enchantment of the Seas late last month. The best thing about the cruise was the service, which was outstanding. We had a great time. It was the first cruise with the family. It is still a mid-size ship despite the stretching. So it may not have all of the amenities on the really big ships. The gym was small (no spinning or other popular type group classes either). It also wasn't always easy getting tables at the crowded Windjammer. The cruise director, Carly, was excellent as were the programs. I would highly recommend the ship. Just don't expect the whistles and bells of the newer bigger ships.
Old May 20th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Yeoman

Default RCCL or Carnival

With Carnival 5 day cruises are the older ships. I agree with Jewel of the Seas; we took this 6 day cruise last Dec. and found the ship to be stunning. It isn't that old and has a beautiful decor throughout. We were on Enchantment years ago when it was new.

Betty
cruise #19 booked: Crown Princess, 9/30/06

cruise #20 booked: Carnival Liberty, 1/14/07
Old May 21st, 2006, 01:51 AM
Beginner

Default carnival vs rccl

We just returned from our first carnival cruise on the victory. Let me just say i was more let down. We thought we would give it a shot, always have been on RCCL,however it was the biggest mistake we have ever made. We get to cruise only about once every 3 years. Almost every elevator we got on smelled like vomit, had alot of problems with the suite we were in that were never taken care of even after i tried talking to the pursers desk. The food was terrible. Nothing on the buffet was chilled properly. Because of a very weak ammume system i have to be extra careful. My 8 year old son got food poisning from the hot dogs. Our dining room waiters were terrible and crew members just really didn't seem to really care about anything they were doing. We found that alot of the guests were well lets just say not child friendly. We wasted our money and vacation. Never again. RCCL all the way you can never go wrong and we have been on the Enchanment of the Seas, it was wonderful! Sorry to be slamming carnival and i truly believe it was just that ship maybe not the others,but thats not a chance i would ever take again. Stacey