Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2006, 08:02 PM
First Mate

Default What a long, long wait this will be

Hello all!

Well, I've gone and done it - started planning another cruise. It has been FAR too long since last one - I looked at the calendar the other day and realized it was two years ago that day that I got off the ship. The horror!

So, I dutifully made my spreadsheet of every May 2007 sailing, created elaborate point rating systems based on ports, ships, size, embarkation date, etc., and came downt to two that were tied:

The first Miracle Sailing in May, or the first Victory sailing in May. Call me crazy, but the deciding factor for me was the fact that the Miracle has the "Ticket to Ride" show. Hey, I had to break the tie somehow!

Anyhow, so we weren't able to cruise in 2005 because we built a new house instead, and our 2006 cruise plans were out the window when my husband just HAD to have an Esprit, but now I can look ahead to 2007 and start to be excited.

So, I'm now 300+ days away. "Why not cruise earlier?", I can hear you say. Well, a few reasons. Last time we cruised, in early May 2004, the weather was perfect (not too hot...) and there were very few children on board. Also, tax check will be in hand by then, so there's a little less guilt associated with that

To pass the time, I have been reading some of my past posts and rolling in laughter at some of my pre-cruising questions. Among other panics, I was concerned with the gray luggage tags and sea lice. Ah, the days of being a novice cruiser. But since I'm now a seasoned veteran, I figure the best way for me to pass these next 11.5 months is to help everyone else out, make some amusing observations along the way (although I won't try to give a grammar lesson again, as that turned ugly!), and hopefully find that May 2007 will be here before we know it!

But here's the challenge: last time, I only had 2 months to plan in advance, and I still drove myself nuts. Now I have over 5 times that amount of time. So how will I maintain sanity? Time will tell. I can only re-read my laboriously long review of my past cruise so many times!

Until then, I'll live vicariously through all of my mates!

Is it too soon to start packing?

Jennifer

Paradise (May 7, 2004) Eastern Carribean
Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:15 PM
Captain

12 months is not realy that long by the time i cruise in october i have been waiting for this cruise 17 months that along wait i have driven my self and my family crazy i have made alot of list i have it all plan in my head
Old May 23rd, 2006, 01:10 PM
Yeoman

Our group is also going in May, 2007. It's also been 2 years since I last cruised and can't wait to get back. I'm not a seasoned cruiser, only been on 3 and this one in May, 2007 will be the 4th. We are heading out on the Valor in May...... Counting the days.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 08:29 PM
First Mate

Well, I derive some comfort knowing I'm not the only one with a nearly year-long wait!

Guess I'll start hitting the gym again

Paradise (May 7, 2004) Eastern Carribean
Old May 24th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Passenger

Hi There,
We booked in July of last year, for June 1st. and when we booked it seemed like a long time, but before you know it, it will be here. I'm still hoping I don't forget anything. Had plenty of time for shopping and preparing for my family of 6 to go. And won't seem that long!!
Old May 25th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Yeoman

We booked in July of last year, for June 1st. and when we booked it seemed like a long time, but before you know it, it will be here. I'm still hoping I don't forget anything. Had plenty of time for shopping and preparing for my family of 6 to go. And won't seem that long!! [/quote]

Isn't that the truth.......It only seems like it was a couple of months ago that it was hurricane season........and now it's almost here again. So, I'll take your advise and do some shopping for the cruise.
Old May 25th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

I know how you feel! We are sailing on June 5th out of NYC on the Legend to E.Carib. I booked this one July 31, 2005.....this has been the longest 11months in history!

All other cruises I have booked no later than 3-6 months in advance...but this time I had to force the issue in order to get the whole family to syncronize their vacation days, expenses, etc. Now that it's around the corner I realize how fast the time actually flew!

It's great to have a definite plan for something as pleasurable as a cruise - it makes everything that happens in between now and then easier to deal with.....a reason to stay strong and see the brighter side of things!

These next 10 days will no doubt d-r-a-g slowly.....wish I could sleep for 9 days but alas, I'm the Mama and I just gotta do what I gotta do! (hee hee)

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not really wasted at all" ~ John Lennon
Carnival Victory to N/E & Canada 7 days
Old May 25th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Yeoman

Default What a long, long wait this will be

Gee, I thought we were way out for the Liberty (7 months, two weeks) on Jan. 14, 2007. We have 21 going so far and it seems so far away. Only thing to do is sail Crown Princess on Sept. 30 out of Brooklyn, if we can find it! That will be our first 9 day cruise. Hey, at this age time passes quickly, very quickly! Hope time will pass quickly for all of you and that your cruise will be all that you dreamed.

Betty
cruise #19 booked: Crown Princess, 9/30/06

cruise #20 booked: Carnival Liberty, 1/14/07
Old May 26th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Yeoman

Beachbummom........We now have 13 in our group booked, so now there will be 13 of us waiting for a great cruise......time should just fly by. Hopefully by next weekend we will have about 5 or 10 more bookings . The more the merrier.......and even though I'm not "mom" to these girls who are going on the cruise, I understand what you are saying when you are doing all the planning and work to put it together....but I think it's a fun.