Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2006, 05:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Conquest Handicapped Room

My wife and I were on the Conquest last year. It was our first cruise. We had cabin 1014 on Panorama deck with a balcony and it was fabulous. With gas prices being what they are I am sure everyone is cutting back some on vacation costs as are we. So this year we are going with an Inside. Bummer I know but at least we are going. :-)

I just booked us a 4A with an upgrade to 4G which puts us once again on the Panorama deck. YIPPIE since we loved the deck. It is not crowded, has easy access to the outside etc.. My delima is this... They put us in cabin 1007 which is a "Handicap" room. What exactly is a handicap room? They also said that it is the only Inside handicap room and the only upgrade to 4G on the deck so if it is needed before the sailing date they could move us. If they need it would we be bumped down a category or up one?

Should I just tell them to give us a different room?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Barry

Carnival Conquest Oct. 2006
Carnival Conquest Nov. 2005
Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Admiral

Hi Barry,

You didn't say when you are sailing. If you're within final payment, you probably won't be moved. Most people who need the handicap cabins book early to get them (unless it's a recent injury).

I'm not sure, but I think if they need the handicap cabin they will put you in a 4G or better since their offer was for a 4G. If there are no 4G's left, you'll get "better"! You also may be offered a lower category and some OBC.

I haven't seen a handicap cabin on Carnival, but from what I've read, they are larger and the shower is "roll in". I've also read that on some ships the beds can't be put together in the queen configuration, so you might want to check on that if it's important to you!

I hope someone who's been in one of these cabins can help you more !

Have a wonderful cruise no matter where you end up!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old May 25th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Captain

We were on the Conquest 3 years ago and a member of our group was in a handicap room. As I recall the shower was roll in, the counter tops were handicap height, the toilet was raised with grab bars and I think, but I'm not super sure, that the beds did NOT make into a double or queen. While it certainly was an acceptable cabin it was not as nice as a standard cabin. I do not say that in a nonchelant way, because it certainly is exactly what you would want if you were handicapped, but not necessarily if you were fortunate enough to be able bodied.