Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Pride to Mexican Riviera

Has anyone done the mexican riviera in the past couple of months on the Pride? I'm considering next march with my daughter and would love some feedback. How were ports of call? Were beaches packed and full of vendors and kind of dirty? Was the ship really boisterous. i've heard food and entertainment are great. Any feedback appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Yeoman

Been on the Pride twice. Once in the Caribbean, my favorite time, then in Mexico last June...so not the last few months. But it really wouldn't make any difference if it's the same ship/itinerary.
I'm not sure if you've been to the Caribbean or not. I love blue water, white sandy beaches...lushness. This was our worst cruise ever. It didn't help that the weather was horrible. Cool and overcast going...the two days returning were very cold. Rough waters! Weather was yucky in all the port. Cabo being the best, but very choppy waters.
Mazatlan was just yucky to me. PV we went on the zip line excursion through Los ? ..I forgot..sorry. But not through the ship. This was wonderful! Saved lots not going through the ship.
Food and entertainment were pretty good. Being the second time, it was the same shows.
When we were in Mazatlan, the boys went fishing, so my dd and I were on our own. I didn't feel 100% safe there. So we went back to the ship pretty quickly. Just for me, I wouldn't go back at all. But especially with just my daughter and I. This is just MY opinion.
If I had to go back, I'd definately do an excursion in Mazatlan and get out of the downtown.
Any questions, feel free to email me at jlsbfam@centurytel.net
Old May 28th, 2006, 12:21 AM
First Mate

Beachlovers, you sound like you expect the worst. If you ask questions like that you get like answers. Now you should ask'' Are the beaches clean and uncrowded with few vendors? Is the ship quiet and tastfully decorated?" See if you can elicit a positive response. Sometimes the question can influence the answer.
Carnival Pride Jan/07 Long Beach
Splendour of the Seas Sept/09 Venice
Adventure of the Seas Jan/11 San Juan
Adventure of the Seas Feb/12 San Juan
Navigator of the Seas Jan/13 N'arlins

<

Read and post cruise reviewsRead and post cruise reviews
Read and post cruise reviews