Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default IMPORTANT INFO PLEASE READ

Carnival Legend - Sailing May 28, 2006
Sailing Update:
May 27, 2006 – 11:00 AM

The Carnival Legend has been involved in a search and rescue operation on the current cruise. Due to this situation, the ship will be delayed returning to New York on May 28, 2006, with arrival now estimated at 7:00 PM.

We request that guests sailing on the May 28 cruise plan to arrive at the terminal for embarkation after 8:00 PM. There is very limited space, seating and services available in the terminal.

We have not yet determined a revised departure time. In addition, please be aware that we may need to slightly modify the itinerary for this cruise.

We sincerely apologize for this embarkation delay.

If you know of someone who will be arriving to the port, please let them know about what is going on.

Also let's pray for this man's family. It has been reported by passengers on the ship, that the man jumped off the balcony, with family standing there watching.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Carnival Legend - Sailing May 28, 2006 Sailing Update: May 27, 2006 – 3:00 PM
The Carnival Legend was involved in a lengthy search and rescue operation on the current cruise. Due to this situation, the ship will be delayed returning to New York on May 28, 2006, with arrival now estimated at 7:00 PM.
We request that guests sailing on the May 28 cruise plan to arrive at the terminal for embarkation after 8:00 PM. There is very limited space, seating and services available in the terminal.
We are anticipating that the departure time from New York will be delayed until midnight or after. Due to this departure delay, we are planning a modified itinerary as follows:
DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART
Sun. New York 12:00 Midnight or after
Mon. At Sea --- ---

Tue. At Sea --- ---

Wed. Grand Turk 12:00 noon 6:00 PM
Thur. San Juan 1:00 PM 12:00 Midnight
Fri. St. Thomas 7:00 AM 2:00 PM
Sat. At Sea
Sun. At Sea
Mon. New York 9:00 AM
Grand Turk is Carnival’s brand new port of call in the beautiful Turks and Caicos Islands. It features spectacular beaches, myriad watersports, a huge swimming pool and a variety of interesting excursions.
We sincerely apologize for this embarkation delay. The entire Carnival team will do everything possible to minimize this inconvenience and provide our guests with a great cruise experience.
Conquest 2005
Elation 2005
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 27th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Admiral

wow!! Thanks for the info Luanne
Old May 27th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

You know,I came home from work Friday to watch on the Monty show about cruise ships and the people that jump, etc and the dangers of sailing. Being on a cruise is perhaps the easiest way for someone to kill themselves. The show went on to say how cruises are so dangerous and the staff so uncaring when someone gets hurt or falls overboard. Don't take this the wrong way - but ONLY IN MY OPINION - I feel that a cruise ship is as dangerous as YOU make it. If someone puts themselves in a vulnerable p osition, drinks to much, acts like they are asking for trouble, then anything can happen. If a person falls overboard in the middle of the ocean at night -- how the hell is the ship going to find that person? During the day is a much better chance. You don't just 'fall' overboard. We always have balconies, and you cannot just fall over - ok I have spoken enough. I'm sure this will cause some ruckus...but just venting.
Old May 28th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Admiral

I know, one can get injured in your own home.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 28th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hey I'm with you Cherylroy- Anyone that gets themselves so drunk that they fell overboard, should not have been so close to the railing. I've been on several cruises and I believe that is one of the safest ways to travel. Most of those accidents I believe was partially the passenger's fault. Just like with everything in life, you gotta use "common sense" or go with the "gut" feeling.
Old May 28th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were on the Destiny in 2005 when a couple went over board. We were unaware until the morning when we were to dock in Aruba and instead we were still at sea back tracking. I felt so sorry for the family members that were aboard.. and was really upseting that so many of my fellow passangers were complaining that we were going to miss Aruba!!
I don't think cruise ships are any more dangerous than any other type of travel.. I certainly agree with you Cherylroy.
Old May 28th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Admiral

I do feel for the survivors of people who do suicide jumps. I have had suicide in my own family (22 year old neice put a gun to her head) and it is totally devestating to the family they leave behind. Yet they don't think or worry about this as they are not here to pick up the pieces any longer. On another note to comment on your last statement about people complaining. I can understand their complaints on one hand as they have saved for many years perhaps to go on this one vacation only to have it ruined by some selfish sole who wanted to take his/her life. On the other hand, I sympathize with the cruise industry for what they have to deal with. We were to sail the Conquest out of New Orleans when at the mouth of the Mississippi they had a bardge accident and 5 people went missing after their boat turned on its side and sunk. They closed all traffic until they found the bodies. Well, we were put on a bus and sent to Mississippi where we docked there and took off the next day missing one day at sea. The ships that were already docked had to cancel their cruise - so we were lucky! Along with that episode, due to weather conditions, we were unable to dock in the Caymans and had excursions cancelled in Cozumel. You would not believe (maybe you will) the selfish, self centered people that were complaining to the point they had to get the captain in the atrium for a discussion. They wanted to know what Carnival was doing, etc etc etc. I mean beligerant, screaming people! I was so shocked and wanted to shake them and ask them if they had even thought about those families who were waiting along the shore to see IF or WHEN they found their loved ones bodies. Carnival did give us some credit for the missed ports AND 50% off another cruise. Yet people were still complaining. Sorry this is so long.............
Old May 28th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Welcome Newcomer

We were on the Queen Mary 2 back in 2004 when the ship first came out and we hadhat co a gent who jumped overboard,he left a note,but no one knew the reason as to why but was traveling with his wife and daughter and I believe a family friend. The crew noticed him drinking very heavily and even some other travelers saw him bolt over the rail. They never found the gent,and we were about 6 hours late arriving back into New York.

This puts a damper on things for others and those that ing.commit suicide are very selfish people and don't think of others.

I feel for people traveling with children or really anyone else for that matter. You save for a trip and only to have this happen and be so delayed in departing.

May ths man's soul rest in peace.
Old May 28th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Admiral

I have told my family over and over again that I want to be creamated and my ashes thrown from the back of the ship into the beautiful blue water! .........but, my body will be in ashes.......and I will be happy!