Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Passenger

Default What is gty cabin

I have read in a few postings about booking gty rooms ,I cant figure out what it means[sorry].Thanks for all the great advice I have recieved so far,I know I have lots to learn about cruise life yet but I am slowly getting there thanks to this forum.In reply to Cheryl ,yes the cruise from Rome on the Liberty is 14 days and I had to sweet talk the principal at the school i work at for an extra weeks holiday .the flight to Rome from Sydney is 20 hours so we had to make the time away worthwhile 3 weeks wont be long enough,i cant wait ,only 4 months left to wait.Thanks again for all your help

Tracey and Brian
Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Hi Tracey and Brian;
GTY is simply "guarantee". It means that you bought, and paid for a specific class of cabin ie; inside deck 5, and that's the minimum that you will get. That means that the line may, and probably will, upgrade you to a better cabin, ie: inside deck 8, but the minimum that you'll get is the inside deck 5. Occasionally you will get what you paid for, but you buy, and pay for, the absolute minimum that you'll accept, and be happy with, and hope for an upgrade.
Happy sailing, and see you on board,
Ken
Old May 29th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Skymaster is correct that a GTY "guarantee" cabin is that you are guaranteed a cabin that is equal or great than the cabin category that you booked. Always book the lowest cabin category you will be satisfied with.

You do not always receive an upgrade and even if you do receive an upgrade the upgraded cabin may be identical to the cabin category you originally had, except it is one deck higher or a bit closer to the center of the ship.

I have seen category upgrades that can be the cabin right next door and two category upgrades that are three cabins down the hall.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me