Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 3rd, 2006, 06:37 AM
Passenger

Default Carnival Legend Cruise to Nowhere ???

Hi,

My husband and I are going to be booking the cruise to nowhere in Oct on the Legend. I am wondering if anyone ever took this cruise and how is it? I know it's only 2 days but do they have the same activities as the longer cruises? How long does it take to check in at the pier in Manhattan? Does the pool have a retractable dome over it so we could go swimming? Is the ship clean? How is the food and the service? I have seen some pretty bad reviews of the Legend. Any advice on this is appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2006, 07:36 AM
Captain

Hi,
I did the two day cruise and it was a blast. I went right after Sept. 11 and it was definately very sad to go by lower Manhattan. People were crying and it was very quiet and somber.
We were on the Triumph for the 2 day, I think. Is the Legend the one that does 8 day cruises? I think I was on the Legend but I can't remember for sure.
The two day is a whirlwind of activity. People are more involved in all the activites. My sister took a two day and she didn't like all the loud mouths. It just cracks me up to watch and hear the city people get going.
When I took the 8 day(Legend?), I was a little disapointed with the service. Not as good as I have had in the past. But crews are always changing so your experience will be different.
I find the big shows are best on NY sailings. I missed seeing a Cruise Director. He didn't make much of an appearance on my two day trip.

I would give a two day a two thumbs up and go again. I wait for the special prices.

Karen
Old June 3rd, 2006, 07:58 AM
Passenger

I went on the 2 day on the Legend in October '05. This was my quick cruise fix and very convenient since I live in NY. It was the best 2 days ever. I fell in love with the ship. The crew couldn't have been better. There was a formal night and even a gala buffet. The show was just as wonderful as any show on broadway. Think about it, for a night out in NYC, it will probably cost you more than this 2 nights of continuous fun. We didn't use the pool, but went into the jacuzzi and the gym. If I wasn't going in November on the Liberty, I would be right back on the Legend for the 2 day. Who knows I just might.... Have a great time-I know you will.
Norwegian Dream 2/05
Caribbean Princess 6/05
Carnival Legend 10/05
Carnival Legend 4/06
Carnival Victory 8/06
Carnival Liberty 11/06
Carnival Miracle 6/07
Carnival Victory 8/07
Norwegian Star 6/08
Old June 9th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Familiar Face

When do these special prices come out? Right now the 2 nighter is kind of steep, almost as much as the 4 nighter.

Thanks for any info.
Old June 12th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to saturnsc
Default Singles

Does anyone know if they give single cruisers discount on the 2 day to nowhere in october?