Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to thipp
Default Massage cost and tip on the Miracle?

We are interested in a massage on the Miracle. Does anyone know the cost of this service?
Old June 5th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Admiral

A basic massage will soak you $110, though on port days you might get lucky and pay $10 or so less.

"Spas: How much do the spa treatments and services cost?

You wouldn’t expect to receive an exotic, one-hour deep tissue massage or a rejuvenating facial treatment for nothing – and you won’t. As an example, for a massage prices run the gamut from your basic 25-minute back massage – around $70 - $75 – to almost $200 for a 50-minute “Hawaiian 4 Hands Massage.? Although cruise lines like to say their spa services are priced competitively with similar services ashore, the consensus is that they’re pricier. Here are some more examples:

- Swedish Massage: $110 for 50 minutes
- Lomi-lomi Massage: $120 for 50 minutes
- Ionithermie (anti-cellulite) Treatment: $140 - $150 for 75 minutes
- Aroma Stone Therapy: $130 - $150 for 1 hour
- Cardio Kai Bo or Yoga: $10 per class for 1 hour
- Oxygenating Facial: $120 for 50 minutes

Fake Tan Application: $90 to $100 for 50 minutes
Most cruise lines offer various combination packages that allow you to combine, for instance, a massage with a face or body skin treatment for less than if purchased separately. “Day Spa? rates are also available for all-day use of aromatic saunas, ceramic loungers or Thalassotherapy pools, where available. “Couples? packages (priced for two) are available on most ships.
Cruise Tip: Many cruise lines' spas offer "in-port specials" for days when the ship is in port. Typically, many passengers are ashore and the spas are relatively quiet. To encourage their use, in-port specials may be offered with savings of up to 50%.

Spa services are typically added to your shipboard account but tips may not be – so check first.

Many spa services may be reserved online by accessing the cruise line’s website following receipt of deposit and cruise confirmation. "

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old June 5th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Admiral

Old June 6th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I've found most spa services run 25% - 40% more than they do at home. Also, on the cruise, at the end when are relaxed they start the sales pitch for you to buy their products. I find this very annoying. Now I get my spa services before I leave.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old June 9th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Passenger

This is so true! I got my first facial on the Victory 2 weeks ago and it was $79...in port price...then after she was finished she came back in with a long sheet of what I "needed" to keep up with my facial regimine......total was $525!!! I almost died...then I felt bad and bought one cleanser for $45.....I could barely get my hubby to allow me to get the facial! They almost made you feel like you HAD to buy something....it was not good....my first and last on board.
Old June 11th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Admiral

You can also tell them up front that you don't plan on buying any of the products and save yourself the sales pitch at the end.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04