CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Sunbathing (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/315198-sunbathing.html)

mrs.m June 6th, 2006 02:57 PM

Sunbathing

I have been informed that Carnival has a deck specifically for topless sunbathing. Is this actually a relaxing, private area, or is it a place for gawking? I enjoy sunbathing but I am not crazy about a bunch of voyeurs looking and taking pictures.

Does anyone have any info, especially on the Ecstasy?

skymaster June 6th, 2006 03:51 PM

It's almost always on the very highest deck, (usually around the stacks) so that no one can climb to a higher deck and look down on it. It's not "controlled" in that anyone (except children) could go up there and wander around, but in my experience it's usually fairly quiet, and private, without a lot of people strolling in, and also no cameras are allowed. It's posted as a "top optional" area at the steps to get there, so, in general, you can enjoy the area if you are so inclined.
Have a great cruise,
Ken

Will June 6th, 2006 03:55 PM

mrs. m: nice,quiet, and relaxing area.No cameras allowed up there.Mostly a reading area.

Ron June 6th, 2006 11:40 PM

Keep in mind it is a " tops optional " deck. It's open to the public, not just someone who wishes to have a private deck to sunbathe topless.
The only things supposedly banned are kids under 18 and cameras.
There may be a gawker or two, but as said it's public so if you want to go toples, you must expect that someone may see you.
If that bothers you, would suggest keeping 'em covered.

mrs.m June 7th, 2006 09:06 AM

Thanks to all of you for your replies and information.

I was most concerned about kids and cameras being allowed in the area. A few men looking doesn't bother me too much if that is what they want to do.

I did notice the replies to my question were from men. Are there any women out there that use this sundeck?

I am really looking forward to my cruise!

m

runner15km June 7th, 2006 10:00 AM

Someone is always watching. Don't forget about the ships security camera. :shock:

dina June 7th, 2006 10:51 AM

I walked up there but never used it.

Darcy June 7th, 2006 02:57 PM

I've used it and find it to be a nice, quiet place to relax without any children around (although on our last cruise some kids did come up there as the door wasn't manned by any staff member). While the sign says no cameras, I've seen people up there with them. Be prepared for the lookers. They do come up to walk through and get a peek. I haven't seen anyone blatently staring with their mouths hanging open, but there are those who do come up just to get a look. If it really bothers you I wouldn't go topless. Personally, I could care less. If some guys biggest thrill in life is to go up on the topless deck to look, he has a pretty sad life.

skeet June 7th, 2006 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcy
I've used it and find it to be a nice, quiet place to relax without any children around (although on our last cruise some kids did come up there as the door wasn't manned by any staff member). While the sign says no cameras, I've seen people up there with them. Be prepared for the lookers. They do come up to walk through and get a peek. I haven't seen anyone blatently staring with their mouths hanging open, but there are those who do come up just to get a look. If it really bothers you I wouldn't go topless. Personally, I could care less. If some guys biggest thrill in life is to go up on the topless deck to look, he has a pretty sad life.

People are going to look, both men and women. Its only natural to take a peek. Everyones got nipz so it shoudlnt really be a big deal. :wink: