Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Beginner

Default Upgrade possibility?

I have just booked my first crise in a long time. We're sailing August 5 on Carnival to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. I requested a guaranteed ocean view. It looks like we're on the Riviera deck near the elevators a little more than midway toward the back of the ship. Is this bad? Should I contact Carnival about trying to get an upgrade?
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Admiral

You'll have no problems with that cabin. Good loction regarding low possibility of ?motion sickness". And, since there are just cabins, not a whole lot of "traffic" on the deck
Old June 13th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Admiral

actually that is a pretty good location. Midships is the most stable part of the ship, and being near the elevators is very convenient.
Old June 13th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Passenger

I agree that is a good location. Mid ship has the least movement.
We did our first guarantee cabin for our August 6th cruise but I don't have a clue yet what our cabin is. When did you find out?
Old June 13th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Beginner

I did the "trick" I read about on this site...I went to "My Reservation", then "Complete your online boarding pass" and then " Order Gifts and Services." When you click on "Details" for any of the items offered, it shows your stateroom assignment. Then you just cancel out of whatever item you've clicked on.
Old June 14th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

Being near elevators is very convenient and mid-ship toward aft is perfect. We had 3 adjoining balcony cabins on deck 8 - no one above us except the Lido buffet area and we never even heard a chair slide or footsteps of any kind! We returned yesterday and we are still swaying every now and then 8)

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not really wasted at all" ~ John Lennon
Carnival Victory to N/E & Canada 7 days
Old June 14th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

We were on Deck 8 of the Spirit a couple of weeks ago and we had noise above us from chairs scrapping on the Lido deck. Sometimes around 5 am we would be woken up with chairs being dragged around, probably from the cleaning staff. I wouldn't book this cabin again (8171) due to that. Next time, we'll reserve a cabin on Deck 7. When I booked this cabin, I just didn't think about what was above us. BUT the cabin was great in it's location. One flight of stairs up and we were at the entrance of the Lido deck, and the elevators were just around the corner from our room.
Old June 15th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Judy-
Sorry you were disturbed by the noise in the Lido.....we were in 8199 through 8203 and we never heard a thing (my husband hears the grass grow when he sleeps - a true light sleeper - but nothing woke him). You may have had alot of clumsy people above your head! But I agree, deck 7 is safe above & below in this case.

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not really wasted at all" ~ John Lennon
Carnival Victory to N/E & Canada 7 days