CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Recovering lost item from a cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/315648-recovering-lost-item-cruise.html)

Blondechick32 June 13th, 2006 06:11 PM

Recovering lost item from a cruise

We got off the Valor this past Sunday, and after unpacking today I realized that a small leather purse and keychain were missing. I remember seeing them midweek on our cruise, and then towards the end of the week I couldn't find the items, and thought I'll search for them when we get back to our room, but forgot. Of course, in the hurry of packing and getting everything together I didn't remember to look for the items, and completely forgot about them until today. Is it ever possible to recover something from a cruise that's been lost?? Has anyone ever had this happen? I'm not even sure where to start. The two items were worth over $100, so I'm a little upset, but I guess it's better than being worth $1,000!! Thanks for any help. We had a great cruise!!

rosetattoo June 13th, 2006 07:58 PM

Hey, I was on the Valor last week too, great cruise, loved St. Maarten!! Call Carnival's 888-CARNIVAL number and ask for Lost & Found. A couple of years ago I left a small suitcase in the terminal (I couldn't come to terms with being back in Miami and simply forgot it). I called Carnival and they had found my lost luggage and shipped it to me. Last week, my daughter found a garment bag in her closet and turned it in to the Purser's Desk. Good luck.

beachbumMom June 14th, 2006 08:24 AM

I hope you recover your items! I just returned on the Legend yesterday (June 13th) and after all the luggage had been delivered at the end of the evening, it was discovered that one family was missing ALL THEIR LUGGAGE!!! Nothing left at the pier in NYC....Carnival radioed back to Port Auth. to check on it.......The purser sent a flyer to each cabin identifying the bags (color, size, amount of pieces, etc). As far as I know they never recovered the bags and it was never made known publically how they made it through the entire cruise - clothing wise! I will say this, I didn't notice any "nudes" strolling around the ship! (LOL). I am sure Carnival arranged some provisional items for them....at least I hope so!
Some of us were convinced that it was surely not any of the Carnival staff or crew but rather a really nasty prank pulled off by another guest/guests! This cruise had a number of very large group passengers (one family had over 55 people spread out on 5 levels!) Many of these groups were older teens or early 20's crowds. Its still a mystery.

TanSwi June 14th, 2006 04:13 PM

recovering lost things

We were on the Legend in Dec and I still haven't heard or seen about our missing item.
We discovered this after we left the ship but before we got to the airport. I called them immediately and was put on hold for almost an hour. I got no where with the purser's desk and they said that they had our room steward check in our cabin. Even though I said exactly where it was - by the balcony door - by the drape, he said nothing was there.
Perhaps he was T'd off because we didn't tip extra to him for our cabin. Item for my daughter was never found and Carnival said they could do nothing.

Irish Shark June 14th, 2006 04:36 PM

Sorry that you lost your stuff. It is gone forever.