Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Passenger

Default Distance from Rome port back to airport

I am starting to stress about getting back to rome airport on time We dock back in Rome at 8.00am have to be checked in at airport at 10.00am .How far is this and how long should it take ,my TA assures me we will have enough time.Also we are staying at Hotel Tritone for 3 days pre cruise ,anyone stayed here before?seems to be in a great location [only a few minutes walk to Trevi fountain]

Tracey & Brian
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Captain

What time is your flight?

Karen
Old June 17th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Passenger

Karen

Flight leaves Rome at 12.00 for Singapore .Singapore to Sydney, 20 hours flying time [a huge day]
Old June 17th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Aussie

Hi Tracey and Brian...........How is the weather in Lake Macquarie right now. I am from Seaforth, NSW but now live in Connecticut USA.

We are booked at Jolly Vittorio Veneto Hotel. Can't tell you about your hotel or mine. Quess we will have to just find out when we get there. What cruise are you on. I am on the Liberty July 6th sailing. Can't wait
Old June 17th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Admiral

If the ship docks at 0800, there is no way to get to FCO by 1000.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old June 17th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Passenger

We are also booked on a flight leaving Rome at 10.15 am after docking at 8 am. This flight was booked through Carnival so we assume that they know what they are doing and are responsible to get us to the airport on time. We booked transfers from the ship to the airport also through Carnival.

Has anyone else had these arrangements so early in the morning????
Old June 18th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie
This flight was booked through Carnival so we assume that they know what they are doing
BIG assumption. Good luck M8.

I cannot think of any airline that does not require a 2 hour min check-in time for international flights. Also in Europe, the international desks usually close earlier than here in the US.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old June 19th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Passenger

Hi Aussie,

Our entire trip is also a carnival sea/air package with carnival transfers.I guess they know what they are doing[hope so] We are on liberty out of Rome on Sept 28 for our 25th wedding anniversary ,it's sneaking up really quickly ,I will be very keen to hear how your transfers and the dash back to the airport go.

Lake Macquarie weather is as beautiful as always ,we spent Sunday in the boatshed on the lake drinking wine in the sunshine[about 19degrees mid winter]waiting for our crab traps to fill up.

I am still interested to know the actual distance from port to airport ,or how long it actually takes.
Thanks Heaps
Tracey & Brian
Old June 19th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Admiral

You are looking at 1 to 3 hours after docking before you can get off of the ship.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old June 19th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Passenger

Just checked with my TA and she checked with Carnival directly. There will be no problem getting to the Rome airport. The ship docks at 6 am and they make sure all those with early flights leave first and make the airport with plenty of time. Will certainly inform you all when I come home from the cruise. If you don't hear from me, it means I am still at the airport trying to catch a flight.
Old July 17th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Beginner

we are just back from the 12 june liberty cruise ,we made it to the airport by 9.30am with a carnival transfer.to get the 12.20 to hong kong .they give u coloured luggage taggs according to flight time.we were on the bus at 8am.the ship docked about 6am,the buffet breakfast opened about 5.30 on the debarkation day.have a great time, we did. 8)
Old July 19th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Passenger

Aussiejim

Thanks so much for the info ,thats one big load off my mind ,it was really spoiling the lead up to our sail date. Now I can just sweat the small stuff......Any tips on shore excursions?????

Tracey & Brian
Old July 19th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Beginner

Our flight out of Rome was at 10:20AM. We were at the airport by 7:30AM. Carnival has early flights off the ship starting at 6:15AM. It's only about 45 minutes from the port to the airport.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 09:03 AM
Beginner

hi B&T,we did most of the tours on our own I put most of the info on sat 15th july on the thread that starts 'just back from the med'
Old July 25th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Passenger

Thanks Aussiejim........I did read your great report ,every little bit of advice makes the lead up alot less stressful
Old July 25th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Passenger

we went on the Liberty last year and they started debarkation (self-assist) at 5:30 a.m., you should not have a problem if you do self debarkation - this is taking all your own luggage off). Don't stress you should be fine.
Old July 30th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to jakeddoc
Default civitavechia to rome airport

I took the same cruise last year. They are very good at disembarking you first and fast. Carnival knows about your departure and they will arrange to have you out at 8 a.m sharp. The distance to the airport is 45 minutes via car. I use roma shuttle for my transportation, they are there promptly.