Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 20th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Yeoman

Default What time to be back on ship

Can anyone tell me what the time limit is to be back on the ship from the different ports? Is it like 1 hr. before sailing, 30 minutes, or what?
Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2006, 02:27 PM
First Mate

30 minutes at the latest. the lines get very long to get back on board. if i have to tender i panick and get back on the ship an hour before. no way am i going to miss the ship.
Old June 20th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Yeoman

Antron.........thanks for the answer. I'm going with a group of girls and some of them (most) have never cruised before. I know I've always been back to the ship hours before she sails, but I needed to let the others know what the cut off time was. I think I'll lie and tell them 45 minutes.....just so they won't miss the boat. I know a couple of them aren't very good when it comes to being on time.
Hey, they'll only miss the ship once......
Old June 20th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Admiral

Hi criscomia,

I agree with Antron, we're always back at least an hour before sailing ! We'd rather miss something in port than miss the ship!

Be sure you and your friends set your watches to SHIP TIME; don't even look at the clocks in port! If there are any time changes you'll be notified in the daily paper and there will be a card left by your steward reminding you of the change.

No one wants to get a picture of their ship as it pulls away from the port !

Have a wonderful cruise!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old June 20th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

This will probably sound terrible to some, but here goes. We like to get a seat on the ship as we are getting ready to leave port. It is so funny to see people panic when they think they are late.

It is also fun to watch the drunks get back on. We had one guy this last cruise who was standing in Cozumel, and was so drunk he needed help walking. he had gotten off the ship by himself, or his friends had left him. We asked which ship was his, and with blurry eyes he looked up, and said the white one. there were only 4 white ones in port.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 20th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Captain

agree with fern and antron get back 30 minutes before the ship leave
i also love to watch people get back to the ship by the skin of ther teeth
it is very funny
Old June 21st, 2006, 12:06 AM
Passenger

That is some great advice..I love to people watch and this will be the creme de la creme to watch people in panic mode or drunk mode get back on the ship. Thanks for the tip. I can't wait to share it with my cruisemates!!
Old June 21st, 2006, 12:10 AM
Passenger

Many people coming back will be in drunk mode. Carrying each other back on the ship is the funny part.

My ship leaves Nassau at 7 am. I won't be having that problem.
Old June 21st, 2006, 09:23 AM
Admiral

you need to be ON BOARD 30 minutes before sailing AT THE LATEST. That means on board the ship, not on the pier. 1 hour is better.
If you are in a tender port you need to find out when the last tender leaves the pier and you MUST be on that tender.
Old June 21st, 2006, 11:17 AM
Yeoman

Thanks to all of you for the great answers.......I'm telling them 1 hour before scheduled leave time They won't have to worry about me, I'll already be on with front row seating.
The last 3 cruises I was on we always seemed to have the port side, which we have for this cruise, which always seemed to face the dock, and let me tell you the sights you see running down the dock at the last minute.
So don't feel bad Luanne, I've done the same thing and laughed my butt off a number of times. It's the best show of the day.
Old June 21st, 2006, 02:24 PM
Passenger

I must agree. We went to Cozumel and the last tender was scheduled to tender at 4:15 p.m. Well........ We were back on by 1:30 -2:00 because 1 it was HOT!!! and 2 it was starting to rain. Which was fine with us. Our ship acutally started to move and a tender boat was racing towards the ship, I would just not take that chance. I would be back at least an hour.
Old June 21st, 2006, 11:04 PM
Admiral

Glad there are some other sick and twisted souls here....we love the "OHMYGODTHESHIPISLEAVING" show at each port.

Actually saw one guy NOT make the ship...yikes....

dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004
Old June 21st, 2006, 11:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

We were on the Conquest in Dec. and saw a group of people in Jamaica who were on the dock, messing with the Jamaican guy, and we were yelling at them to get on, and they still hung around. Guess what... we left them. What people don't realize is that these ships have to be on or about schedule, and they can't wait for crazes. Not only did they miss us then, they flew to Grand Cayman, and due to weather, we missed that stop. they finally caught up with us in Cozumel, and you've never heard such complaining in all your life. They were screaming at the officers in the Atrium, that they could have been picked up in GC, but if the Capt. had made an effort to pick them up, he would have put us, and the ship in danger, due to weather.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 22nd, 2006, 12:47 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
We were on the Conquest in Dec. and saw a group of people in Jamaica who were on the dock, messing with the Jamaican guy, and we were yelling at them to get on, and they still hung around. Guess what... we left them. What people don't realize is that these ships have to be on or about schedule, and they can't wait for crazes. Not only did they miss us then, they flew to Grand Cayman, and due to weather, we missed that stop. they finally caught up with us in Cozumel, and you've never heard such complaining in all your life. They were screaming at the officers in the Atrium, that they could have been picked up in GC, but if the Capt. had made an effort to pick them up, he would have put us, and the ship in danger, due to weather.

Luanne
Takes all kinds, doesn't it? It's never their fault, but everyone elses fault. Some people never grow up and take responsibility for their own actions.