Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2006, 10:19 AM
Beginner

Default Is a higher balcony better?

Ok I will give you the cliff notes version of the story. We had a 4A Guar, on the miracle, but my DW decided that she really wanted a balcony. So we got upgraded to 8c number 4230.

Well of course my TA screwed a lot up, and even talking to a manager didnt help. To make a long story short I finally got it all worked out. Of course this only happened when i called to cancel. I would have lost my insurance, but it has been that bad. I was going to rebook directly through carnival.

Anyway they bumped me to 7351 free of charge. So is 7351, (deck 7 aft balcony) a better location than 4230 (deck 4 aft balcony). I have always been inside, so we have never had a balcony before, and i am just wondering if the higher ones are really better.

I know they cost more, but more expensive does not always mean better.

Thanks guys and gals for the replies.
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2006, 10:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

We just got back from the Spirit in May. We had cabin 8171. If you look at the picture of the ship, (on Starboard or right side), where you see the jutted out area in the middle of the ship, we were to the front of this area, about eight balconies from that jutted part. On the Spirit this was the highest passenger deck, but husband and I probably wouldn't book it again. We were underneath the Lido deck, which has the buffet lines. You could really hear the scrapping sound of chairs and around 5 am you would hear the janitor staff moving chairs. That scrapping noise kinda got on my nerves after a while. I don't know much about the Miracle, but if it's anything like the deck plan for the Spirit, I would think that you cabin would be fine. I have read on these posts that it's usually better to be between two passenger decks. I would book a cabin next time on deck 7.
Look at the deck plan of your ship and see if you are actually between the decks that house passenger rooms and if so, you are probably ok.
We went to Alaska and had the balcony...best money we ever spent!
Old June 22nd, 2006, 12:38 PM
First Mate

we had the aft balcony right under the dining room, it was awesome, never heard anything. Dinner is over by 10:30 or so.
Gail
Old June 22nd, 2006, 06:42 PM
Admiral

Hi jfoster51,

Welcome to Cruisemates!

This looks like a great cabin to me! According to the deck plans you're between passenger decks and many people LOVE aft balconies .

You may feel a little more movement than on deck 4, but that's the only thing I can think of that might be a problem.

Have a wonderful cruise!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014