Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2006, 12:44 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival's Fire & Ice Cruise (Hawaii & Alaska)

Has anyone taken the "Fire & Ice" cruise on Carnival. I'm trying to decide upon a cruise for 2007 and saw this unique 19-day cruise which cruises the Hawaiian islands and thens sails to Alaska for an Inside Passage cruise. The ship that will be sailing this cruise in April 2007 is the Carnival Spirit. Any feedback would be appreciated for anyone that has taken this cruise before. Thanks.

GailM
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2006, 01:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Husband and I just got back from the Carnival Spirit( Northbound) on the Inside passage. This cruise out of Vancouver was just coming from Hawaii, so I'm pretty sure this is the same cruise you are talking about. I would bet that this cruise would be great!!!!!!
The scenery in Alaska was gorgeous and the cruise could not have been better. We lucked up and had beautiful weather the entire week. On this post you hear about bad weather, but we apparently got lucky.
If you do this cruise, it will probably be around Mid May (we left on May 17th). There was still snow on the mountains and huge waterfalls were shooting out of the moutains where the snow was starting to melt. I don't think we would have liked the cruise as much if the snow had already melted off. We had day temperatures in the 70's, but with the snowy mountains just above the towns we visited, it was almost like a postcard.
Our cruise finished up in Whittier and we flew out of Anchorage. We had a very late flight..9:45pm and after being up since 5am, and going thru 3 times zones we were just about dead when we got home. We live on the East Coast (VA,) and flew into Dallas, then into Knoxville and then had to drive 3 hrs. to get home. We finally got home around 4pm the next day. If we get to do this cruise again, I would have stayed in Anchorage the day we left the ship and caught a flight early the next morning.
Feel free to email me if you have any questions. jsalyers@ehc.edu
Old June 22nd, 2006, 07:14 PM
Passenger

Judy - I did that trip last year in June and remained in Anchorage for three days - rented a vehicle, drove back the next day to Whittier to take the Glasicers Tour - fabulous and back to Anchorage and went site seeing in and around Anchorage - of course I had daylight on my side, so I could do a lot of siteseeing. I'm on the east coast too, had easier time then you on return - earlier flight and one stop over in Chicago for an hour. Yes that coming back east is a body beater.

Gail -where can one get information on the Fire & Ice Cruise - love to look into that - I still have a couple more visits to Alaska I want to do.

Mary
Old June 23rd, 2006, 08:56 AM
Passenger

Judy & Mary: Thanks for the replies. Our first trip to Alaska last year won't be our last. Alaska is amazing. We sailed on Celebrity which is a line I have sailed on twice and have come to love. I have also sailed on Carnival twice, but they are two different cruise experiences and it isn't fair to compare them.

Mary - I received an email from one of those cruise agents yesterday advertising the Fire & Ice Itinerary on Carnival. It departs from Honolulu on April 27, 2007 and terminates in Vancouver, BC on May 17. It is a 19-day cruise. The advertisement was for a package that included airfare and pre-cruise hotel accommodations in Honolulu. If you visit Carnival's website you can probably find it there. It is quite a unique itinerary. I'm just not sure I would like crossing the Pacific for five days. I've read on this site from different cruisers that those waters can be rough! That scares me a bit. Other than that I would love to do this cruise. Let me know what you find out. If you want to email me directly, my email address is gmobley@nmpf.org.

GailM
Old June 23rd, 2006, 07:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Gail.. This sounds like a great trip. I talked to our Carnival agent and she said it is not one they book directly. Who or where did you hear about it.
Sounds really great..
Legend 2006
Spirit 2006 & 2007 & 2009
Conquest 2007 & 2009
Pride 2008
Dream 2010
Norwegian Dawn 2011
Magic 2012
Princess Grand 2013
Old June 29th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Beginner

Can anyone tell me where I can book this cruise. We were already planning a cruise to Alaska. This one sounds great.
Thanks,
CT
Old June 29th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Passenger

Grandy & Emmysnana: I think the email I received advertising this cruise was from the cruise agency called Cruise Division ***edited to remove commercial reference***. I get email specials from them all the time. I think this is such a unique cruise itinerary if you have the time to do it. I wish I were retired as it is difficult for me to take 3 weeks off from the job. Let me know what you find out.

GailM