Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Default Why did I book a cruise?

It started out as a reason not to take another boring NY (LI) summer vacation visiting family. After something around 15,16,17 yrs of marriage (I am not sure)to whatever her name is and 3 kids i've nicknamed, give, me and money, I know that the more expensive, exotic the vacation is my wife will go for it! For me a vacation is a beach chair, 12 pack and a sunny day! but my wife.... you must spend at least a grand for it to qualify for a vacation! MY vacation costs $9.99 unless it's on sale! I've been on some great vacations but never cruised. So when I suggested a cruise she went for it hook, line and sinker! I picked carnival because of the camp, PH suite to satisfy my wifes need to spend as much money as possible. So while they are in camp and the wife sits on the balcony guess where I'll be? Thats right in a beach chair, with a bucket instead of a 12 pack and a sunny day. except instead of MY vacation costing me $9.99 it cost me $2800. Oh the irony of it all!
So since I have never cruised why is my anticipation level so high? I have taken other nice vacations for the first time but never have been this excited. Excited enough that I seeked out a website(CM) loaded with other obsessive/compulsive nutcases like myself, one of which has booked on the same ship as me! So what is it about cruising that, once I go, will get me more hooked than I am right now? Why are people who have cruised a dozen times still so excited about it? I can't take the anticipation anymore I am afraid I am becoming one of you people! 16 more days of no sleep!
Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Just the mere fact that YOU can sit in the lounge chair on the Lido Deck 8) and have your bucket of beer next to you will be enough to get you hooked, I promise.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old June 24th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Why did I book a cruise?

Excited enough that I seeked out a website(CM) loaded with other obsessive/compulsive nutcases like myself, one of which has booked on the same ship as me! So what is it about cruising that, once I go, will get me more hooked than I am right now? Why are people who have cruised a dozen times still so excited about it? I can't take the anticipation anymore I am afraid I am becoming one of you people! 16 more days of no sleep![/quote]

Are you telling me I'm an obsessive/compulsive nutcase!!! I resemble that remark!!!

A cruise to me is the only way to vacation... Where else will they cook for you the way you want it, clean for you, do your laundry, sit by yourself and read a book or be by the pool with lots of other fun people, drink a beer, join in the conga line, play bingo, watch a movie, throw some coins in the slot machines, play table games or play the trivia game etc???

You can do anything you want or nothing at all and still love a cruise... There's something for everyone to do almost 24/7. So, when you think about all you can and what you pay for it, a cruise is the best way to goooooooooooooo.....

I bet "whats her name" will like it soooooooooo much that she will settle for a less expensive cabin next time so you can cruise more often in the future.... It's definitely addicting.......

Elaine

P.S. I know her name, and your 1st borns name if you need them!!!

Old June 24th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

Who knows rescuedad, you might even be seen in a Walmart before its over.

A cruise, is the only vacation of choice for the wife and I. We're not into Theme Parks anymore, and for the money , its the best deal going.

Happy Sailing to all;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old June 24th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Uh Oh I forgot about Elaine! PLEEEEEAAASSSE Don't tell her I forgot her name! She's still upset that I said I was going to hang her from the door and pin $100 bills on her so someone will steal her! She calmed down when I told her I wasn't REEAAALLLYY going to do it!

Bingo!? I'll have to bring my grey hair wig for that one!
Old June 24th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

my kids have the same nickname..we must have the same kids
Old June 25th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Rescuedad, You are more advanced than the rest of us. We were not nuts yet, before we cruised.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 25th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Captain

Rescuedad,

You need to try to relax and get some sleep before you go on your cruise. You and your family are going to have a great time!!!!!!!!!

You, like the rest of us, will be totally hooked on cruising.

Libragirl
Old June 25th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Captain

cruise are the best why to go on a vacation you only have to unpack
once you also get good food and fun showes and if you don't whant to
do any thing you don't have to so have some fun
Old June 26th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Admiral

HAHAHAHA I confess.. I'm nuts about cruising. At least your part of a happy cruise crazy crowd.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old June 27th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

2 short weeks until you cruise for the very first time....have you made your packing list? have you packed yet? have you re-packed yet?

Most importantly have you done the DOC DANCE yet???

Please share with us ....when you have your very first ever doc dance....it is a moment you will never ever forget.

Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002
Old June 27th, 2006, 01:37 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to phatty2006 Send a message via MSN to phatty2006 Send a message via Yahoo to phatty2006

Oh dont worry, when you are on the Lido deck Chilling with no kids to worry about, a wife that is satisfyed, and a Corona in your right hand what do you have to worry about?

Enjoy, have fun, most of all GO EAT SOME FOOT ON THE LIDO DECK ITS TO DIE FOR most of all it better be good spending $2800 on a buffet
Old June 27th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatty2006
Oh dont worry, when you are on the Lido deck Chilling with no kids to worry about, a wife that is satisfyed, and a Corona in your right hand what do you have to worry about?

Enjoy, have fun, most of all GO EAT SOME FOOT ON THE LIDO DECK ITS TO DIE FOR most of all it better be good spending $2800 on a buffet
No wonder I can't find more than one other person traveling on the Fascination with us! They are serving FOOT in the buffett! Just out of curiosity, is it human or animal foot? what sauce goes with that? and is it served with red or white wine?

HAHAHAHAHAHA A wife that is satisfied!!! Does anyone have one of those??

I plan on eating alot when I continue to realize this trip could have cost about a grand instead!! but again first trip, I will live and learn!
Old June 27th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Admiral

*LMAO* I didn't see any FOOT on the menu or on the buffet. Do you think it was disguised???

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old July 2nd, 2006, 03:23 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Why did I book a cruise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuedad
So what is it about cruising that, once I go, will get me more hooked than I am right now? Why are people who have cruised a dozen times still so excited about it? I can't take the anticipation anymore I am afraid I am becoming one of you people! 16 more days of no sleep!
Let me tell you a little story, rescuedad....we started out with our first ever cruise in Feb of this year....5 nights out of Miami. So far this year I've been on 4 cruises with another booked Sept 25th.......watch out or you'll become one of "you people"
5/'06 Celebrity Zenith
6/'06 Carnival Legend
9/25/06 Carnival Legend
10/29/06 11 nite NCL Spirit
2/4/2007 Carnival Legend
May 14-25th, Carnival Fascination...3 B2B's
9/24/07 Carnival Miracle
11/7/07 Carnival Miracle
1/14/08 Fascination
1/18/08 Carnival Miracle (Platinum on this one!)
2/25/08 Fascination
4/21 & 4/26/08 B2B on the Imagination
Future cruises:
9/7/08 Legend
11/16/08 Legend
1/26 & 1/31 Destiny B2B
Old July 3rd, 2006, 05:14 PM
Admiral

I'm already teed off that I only booked a 4 dayer. With the wait I've had I wish it was at least a 7 day cruise. I already feel it is going to go by too fast!
Old July 3rd, 2006, 05:35 PM
Admiral

My first cruise was on the Imagination, 5 nights, western Caribbean, my friends almost had to carry me forcefully off the ship, bawling my eyes out. It goes by so fast, just highlight the things you really want to do, and spend the rest of the time enjoying the time away from work, phones, bills, etc. Enjoy the food, the drinks, the comraderie, the laughter, room service, sunrises and sunsets, and all the very special feelings you can only have on a cruise ship....then, as soon as you return, book your next cruise, it's the only antidote for post cruise depression. Have a wonderful time!!!