Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Passenger

Default Bringing Alcohol-Need Answer Fast!

Can the machines see water bottles tucked into the suitcase? I want to bring some baccardi on board and pour it into poland spring bottles to go on board. Will they be able to see the bottles? Will they confiscate it?
Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Admiral

Hi harmon25,

Put it in your checked luggage in bubble wrap and a zipper bag and hope for the best !

Have a great cruise!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old June 26th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Yes: The x-ray machines can see bottles with liquid in your suitcase. Will they confiscate them? Maybe, but probably not.

Take care but watch out for Bacardi soaked underwear.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 26th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to izards

What do they do if they find the alcohol? Just take it and that's it? I imagine that you wouldn't get kicked off the ship or banned from every cruising again.... ....but I am such a "by the rules" kind of gal, I would be freaking out the whole time.

Last year, my husband wanted to purchase more than the recommended amount of alcohol in one of the ports, but I freaked out so much, he ended up buying nothing. Same thing happened when we visited Costa Rica and he wanted to bring back some Cuban cigars. I suppose sneaking alcohol onboard or taking back more than your limit and even sneaking in Cuban cigars can't even compare to what someone could do....but then again, I personally am not willing to take the chance. I haven't even told my husband and family about the posts about this because I don't want them to bring the alcohol on board and get in trouble.

Am I crazy or what?!?!?!
Old June 26th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

we have brought a bottle for all 4 of our cruises we dont even try to hide them just pack em and dont worry about it, our room steward kept my burbon on ice the entire 7 days, good advise you can only pack alchohol if your driving in, if your flying it will be confescated by the airlines no flamable liquid allowed, we flew in last time and stopped at a liquor store on the way to the port and bought and packed it away before we boarded, one more word of wisdom pack bottles of liquor that are plastic not glass
Old June 27th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Admiral

izards - relax, you are stressing waaay to much on this issue.
If you purchase more than your duty-free alotment,on alcohol all you have to do is pay the duty(tax) on your purchase upon re-entering the country.
As for the cuban cigars, if you are an American citizen it is against the law to bring cubans back into the country, you can purchase them on the islands and smoke them, but you cannont bring them back into the US. If you are caught, they will be taken, you could be detained, searched and fined.
We do not "smuggle" alcohol on board, it takes up too much precious luggage space, we buy our drinks on board, the cost is about the same as you would pay at home at a nice restaurant or bar. The drink of the day specials and buckets of beer can save you a pretty good chunk of change.
Old June 27th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to izards

Thanks! I actually saw the alcohol and cigars as the same thing. Glad to realize that they are not. I would NOt want him to bring the Cuban cigars; but if it is just the taxes that we would pay for the extra alcohol, then I could live with that.

As far as bringing the alcohol on board, I agree with you. Just pay the price the for drinks. It isn't worth it to be that cheap....and the prices are comprable to what we'd pay normally anyway. Besides, it isn't like we are going to drink so much that need to offset that cost by bringing it ourselves.