Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Camp Carnival Question

We have a 10 year old and a 12 year old going. The age groups for camp carnival say 9-11 and 12-14. Will they let them be in the same group and if so which one. Does the younger one go up or the older one go down? Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Camp Carnival Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILFAN11
We have a 10 year old and a 12 year old going. The age groups for camp carnival say 9-11 and 12-14. Will they let them be in the same group and if so which one. Does the younger one go up or the older one go down? Thanks!!

Believe it or not, you are going to get different answers to this one... On some ships, they will allow them to stay together, on others the older one is allowed to move down but the younger one cannot move up. It all depends on the ship, the time of year and the amount of children cruising that week.

But, on another note, on Carnival, any kid 9 & over (with permission from their parents) are allowed to sign themselves in and out of Camp Carnival as they wish.... So, I would say, make the two of them attend the first nite's Camp Meet n Greet and I think after that, you won't have to worry about a thing... They will meet sooooooooo many other kids on board, you'll be lucky if you see them!!!

Elaine

Old June 27th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Admiral

I think my two little guys are in the same dilemma. any insight to this rule on the fascination Elaine?
Old June 27th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to izards

On our first cruise last year, my kids were in the age same group and this year they are now in different groups (10 and 12 as well). However, they both had totally different interests and rarely attended the same event at the same time. The one thing that they did do together was the nighttime event where they stayed out until 3am. They had a BLAST!!!!

If you don't know what it is, it is a late night party for kids in that age group. It isn't like the babysitting in that they stay in Camp Carnival all night (which...believe it or not...they wanted to do but hated....so just once), but they went around the ship and did different things. Then the directors drop the kids off at the rooms and groggy parents have to sign their kids back in. It was fun and something my kids talk about all the time!!!!

In any event, I personally would not put them in the same group this year just because they still are going to want to do different things. Last year, my son stayed in the pool practically all day and we tried to get him to go to some of the events, but he didn't want to. (We required some so that he could meet new people, which he did end up enjoying.) My daughter played in the pool occasionally, went to the events occasionally, hung out with friends or us occasionally, or changed her clothes a lot!

It sounds like you have 2 boys while I have one of each, but I also know that at age 12 they are starting to change and just aren't interested in hanging out with their younger siblings. I don't have the answer to your question, but I thought I would give you my feedback.

BTW, when are you going? We will be on Conquest on 7/30/06.

Ciao! 8)
Old June 27th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks everyone. This board is great! Actually, these aren't my kids. One is my nephew and one is my cousin. Anyway, they are pretty close so they would perfer to be in the same group. One is outgoing and will meet other kids and the other isn't as outgoing and will not just introduce herself to others. The 12 year old is a boy and the 10 year is a girl. Anyone, know the "rule"on the Elation as far as letting them go in the same group? We are leaving on the Elation 7/2/06!! Thanks again!
Old June 27th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to izards

Enjoy! I know you will have a blast!!!
Old June 27th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Admiral

Hi ILFAN11,

Quote:
Anyone, know the "rule"on the Elation as far as letting them go in the same group? We are leaving on the Elation 7/2/06!! Thanks again!
As Elaine 515 said, it depends on how many children are in each group, which you won't know until you board . Since you are cruising on July 2, there will probably be a lot of children on board, so I doubt that they'll allow any changes. BUT, the staff will be sure that your cousin joins in the fun!

Hope you all have a wonderful cruise!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old June 28th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

We were on the Valor last July and if I remember correctly they would let an older child move down but not a younger move up. We didn't have this problem last year. The kids were 9 and 11. Actually, they didn't do too much with Camp Carnival. I thought the stuff looked like stuff they'd like but they chose to run around, swim and do their own thing. Even knowing they could come and go as they pleased they still didn't do much with Camp Carnival. Now, my younger cousing (who isn't going this time) he was 3 at the time and LOVED Camp Carnival. I guess it just depends on the kid. I guess I'll just have to check it out once on board as to the policy of the ship and this time of year. Thanks!!