Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Beginner

Default teen shore excursions on the Conquest??

Hello to everybody. I am new to this site and have found it very informative. My teens (ages 15 and 13) and I will be going on our second cruise in Aug aboard the Conquest. I was wondering if anyone has recently been on that ship and knows what shore excursions they offer to the teens. Also, is it available for both of their ages? any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Admiral

Hi 2cruiseagain,

Welcome to Cruisemates!

From looking at the Carnival website, it appears that there are shore excursions available for both 12-14 year olds, and for 15 to 17 year olds. I don't know if they would be on the same excursions, though .

Hopefully, someone who has sailed recently with teens can give you more info!

(If you haven't found it yet, here's the link to Camp Carnival: http://www.carnival.com/onboardexp_home.aspx ).

Have a wonderful cruise!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old July 2nd, 2006, 09:23 AM
Familiar Face

We went on the Conquest last Nov. had a Great time. We are Going again Aug 6-13. taking our 3 teen girls, 14,16,17. They will be going River rafting and then Snorkeling with the Stingrays and then shopping in Cozumel. The carnival web site has good information. The Teens only club looked OK, when we were on the ship last time. but we didnt have our girls with us then. I wish I knew more about the teen excursions, but I will just keep the girls with us. Have fun, See ya onboard.

Elation 2003
Celebration 2004
Conquest 2005
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2008
Conquest 2009
Conquest 2010
Magic 2012
Magic 2013
Elation 2014
Magic 2014
Old July 2nd, 2006, 09:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I have never heard of excursions just for the teens. I don't think I would feel right about sending them off the ship without one of us. Now if you are talking about excursions that teens will enjoy with family, we have never had a problem with finding something for them to do, where they wouldn't be bored to death. We use the Carnival list of things to do, or we go on line to the different ports, to find things.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 2nd, 2006, 06:02 PM
First Mate

Our teenage son wanted to go on the Cave Tubing excursion with the teen group. He was begging us to let him go with his "new friends" so out of courtesy to our son, we agreed to meet with the teen director.

Were we really thinking about letting him go? NO, but my hubby and I decided that we could hear what the teen director had to say. We felt even more confident after we met with the director about our decision to NEVER EVER let our son venture into a foreign country like Belize with a stranger. Don't get me wrong, the director was a nice enough person, just not someone we felt confident about to watch our son in a foreign country.

So out of at least 200 or more teens, how many parents do you think said yes? The answer is about 5 if I remember correctly. Our son was upset at us until he saw how many other parents said no too.

While the teen club is great for when you are onboard, as overprotective parent's, we wouldn't let our son go off the ship with anyone but us.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 11:55 AM
Beginner

thanks guys for the input! RobRen, you gave me a new perspective on allowing my teens to go on a teen cruise ( wow- 5 out of 200!!!) and Nancy, I wish we were on the same cruise, however, we will be boarding the same day you are diembrking. because of everyones input i think that i will have my kids go with me on the shore excursions and likely their friends will be with us as well! thanks!