Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default tampa hotel

Hello. Anyone have a suggestion for a hotel near the Tampa port and/or airport? We are arriving a day early and don't want to rent a car.... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thank you
Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Admiral

There are a bunch of good hotels in the "WestShore" area. This is very near the airport, and close to two big malls, with lots of good restaurants near by. The trip to the port from there is about 20 minutes, and most of the hotels will provide pickup from the airport, and delivery to the port. I'm going to get some cards from a few of the hotels, because I can't come up with specific names, but just search for hotels on either West Cypress, or North WestShore Blvd. Hope this helps a little, and I know you'll have a great time in Tampa, and especially on your cruise.
Ken
Old July 7th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Passenger

I would also stay at Westshore or in that area!! There is a nice Marriott near the Port also but then your staying in Downtown Tampa and truthfully not tons to do!! Have fun on your cruise.

Carnival Sensation

Disney Wonder: May 2004
Old July 7th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

We're staying at the Hampton Inn Westshore. Got a pretty good rate (I thought) and they have free shuttle to the hotel, then the next morning it's only 6 miles to the Port. Won't break the bank to take a taxi from there I'm thinking.

There's no restaurant there, but there is complimentary continental breakfast. That will be all I want anyway cause I will want to save myself for the ship! There's an outdoor pool and you have a choice of rooms either 2 doubles or a king. We're taking the king study which has a pull out sofa for DS.

Kim
Old July 7th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I've stayed at the Doubletree Westshore (Priceline for @ $65/night) and they Wyndham Westshore (Hotwire for @ $75/night). Both were very convenient to the port. Doubletree offers a free airport shuttle and shuttle to the pier. The Wyndham only offers a free airport shuttle.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old July 7th, 2006, 09:16 PM
First Mate

Default Tampa Marriott Airport Hotel on site

On our last cruise last April out of Tampa, we stayed at the Tampa Marriott Airport. Honestly on the pricey side (but high season?) but the advantage of convenience rules as number one.

My parents coming from another city and flight time, were able to gather their luggage at the carousel and cross airport middle section to the Marriott wing. All inside airport. I learned I think you can request assistance or use one of the rental carts to get luggage close if need be.
This beat taking a shuttle, taxi or renting a car. (So really it helped cut cost by not having to do a car thing.)

The hotel was very accomodating letting them check in at lunch time awaiting our later arrival. The rooms are well appointed with very comfortable pillow top bed style. No charge if a roll away is needed.
They also had a nice outdoor patio area with pool and jacuzzi. Unusual for a hotel at an airport. We were able to see some airplanes coming and going. Also gift shop in lobby,& restaurant. Although we were just a few minutes from many food court locations in the airport. Tampa airport is nicely laid out, food options and sovenier shopping--one of my new favorites.

Our family was able to use frequent stay points, my parents I think $179-$199 rate. The front desk helped us arrange for Blue One Shuttle service at a $10 rate per person- very prompt, friendly and convenient. In fact we used them again for our return trip from cruise terminal. It is less than 20 minutes to cruise terminal for sure.
Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!
Old July 8th, 2006, 12:42 AM
First Mate

We stayed at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore hotel and really enjoyed our stay. They picked us up from the airport for free. We arranged for their shuttle to take us to the port the next morning when we checked in. I believe it cost us $5 per person. Our driver was great. The ride from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port was like a city tour.

The hotel itself was very nice. We would stay there again. Also, the hotel is walking distance (like a half block) from a great BBQ restaurant called Selmons. We ate dinner there the night we arrived and the food was really good. It's a very popular place because it was a 45 minute wait to get seated. How did we find out about it? Our hotel bus driver told us.

Great Service, Beautiful Accomodations & Friendly People...what a great way to start a vacation!

Carnival - Spirit: Alaska (August 8, 2007)
Carnival - Miracle: Exotic Western Caribbean (April 9, 2006)
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean (January 2005)
Old July 8th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Passenger

We are staying at the Embassy Suites, Airport. They have a cruise & stay special for $99. They pick you up at the airport, shuttle to the ship and take you back to airport after the cruise. I thought this was a pretty good deal. We will have to show our cruise tickets upon check-in.

Old July 8th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Cruise Maniac

WOW! You guys are the greatest! Thanks so very much for taking the time to help me out!......I'll think of you on my cruise...maybe

thanks again!
Old July 20th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Passenger

The Marriott downtown Tampa is not too far from the port. It sits just off the bay so you may see your ship come in as they say.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 09:26 AM
Beginner

We are booked at the Doubletree because they offer a Stay and Sail Cruise package. We'll be driving down the day before and want to leave our vehicle at the hotel. I didn't want to pay to park at the port. Doubletree lets you leave vehicle, takes you to the port and picks you up after the cruise for the trip back to your vehicle. The cost is $139 before taxes.

If anyone knows of a hotel with similar arrangements for a better rate, let me know. Any savings can go towards my sail and sign bill.