Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Familiar Face

Default How long did it take to get from Panama to Ft lauderdale ?

Who has cruised from Colon Panama and back to Ft Lauderdale ? Do you remember how long it took ? Was your ship on time or late getting back ?
Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

2 seadays and left in time.

Read and post cruise reviews

Old July 9th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Familiar Face

Default Panama to Ft lauderdale

Thanks for the reply! When was your cruise and what ship ?

The reason for my questions is that we booked a flight back home that leaves at 11am the Sunday we return from Colon Panama on the Liberty and I was getting nervous on the distance ! I know bad weather could play a part however if given an even chance, we might make it ok!
We'd have to do the self debarkation at 830 - 900 am though.. What do you thnk ?
Old July 11th, 2006, 06:43 PM
First Mate

Sounds like too early of a flight. Remember everyone gets off at different times and if there is customs involved............ You might want to carry your own luggage off and pray. Remember you must be at the airport 2 hours prior. You are cutting it close.
Old July 12th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Admiral

The cruise lines
will advise you not to book an outbound flight before 12 noon, which is a good idea. Realistically it can be done, we have done it in the past(not from Panama) but we have made an 11am flight out of Ft. Lauderdale, the airport is only 10 minute by cab from the cruise ship terminal. We have done the transfers it has worked well for cutting it a bit close, at least they know you are coming and will hurry you thru, but on the other hand you probably could be at the airport by taxi before the bus is fully boarded and on its way.
Either self-disembark or get the earliest tags.
Old July 12th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Familiar Face

Default Panama to Ft Lauderdale

I know the timing is critical and we are really counting on getting off under the self debarkation thingy - although we have a cat 11 suite, I'm not sure if that affords any early departure other than self assist.