Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to TracyB730
Default bringing drinks aboard carnival?

Hi, is there a rule/restriction against bringing non-alcoholic drinks (soda, water, etc) aboard? If they found it going through checking, would they confiscate it? Thanks

-TrAcY-

Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean--7/22/06
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2006, 01:42 AM
Admiral

We have always brought our own on every cruise with no problems. They only sell Coke products so last year on the Liberty we brought a 12 pack Pepsi and 12 pack water in our carry on and it worked out great. Many posters will tell you the water on the ship is fine for drinking which we do in the dining rooms but we prefer our own and we also like to take them on excursions with us. Just our preference.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old July 12th, 2006, 02:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi, Tracy:
We left out of NYC on the Legend to E.Carib June 5-13. Our checked luggage was packed with plastic soda bottles (tucked into hubby's crew sox to save space) and Fruit 2-0 water bottles as well. We even had 2 litres of Vodka packed and a collapsable cooler bag for the ice! If you are flying to your embarkation port (i.e. Fla or Miami, etc) you can pack plastic bottles in checked luggage safely I presume. I would not put large amounts of any beverages in carry-on thru airports especially cans! Carnival will not confiscate your drinks unless you are taking them by the case-ful! They are pretty liberal that way....don't panic....don't stress...just dwell on the great cruise ahead of you! Also, the first port is in P.R. - there are grocery marts and such right in town if you want to buy more soft drinks to take back to the ship. And, by the way, the water on the ship is deliciously refreshing and almost as good as our tap water here in NYC! Really! You can take insulated water bottles filled with ship water & ice (from the Lido buffet fountains) when you go ashore - I would not drink "local" water in any of the port cities in the Caribbean, just to be on the safe side - nor the ice-cubes either! Have a great time!

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not really wasted at all" ~ John Lennon
Carnival Victory to N/E & Canada 7 days
Old July 12th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Captain

We brought 2-six packs of Dr. Pepper (my wife's vice) & some flavored water with no problems..... Loaded it into bottom of one of our smaller roll-on baggage......

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)
Old July 12th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to TracyB730

Sounds good. Were planning on doing the same. Thanks for the responses!

Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean--7/22/06
Old July 13th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Passenger

My in-laws joined us on a Glory cruise last December '05 and brought 6 bottles of wine along with them in a wine-carrier. They reported the wine upon embarkation/check-in and Carnival had no problem with them bringing the wine aboard (although the person behind the counter did have to ask their manager to be sure it was OK). I think if they brought on any more than that then Carnival might have had an issue...

They brought the wine into the dining room just once, but I don't know for sure if they were charged a corkage fee. Otherwise, they just kept the wine in their stateroom and enjoyed it (and shared with us, how nice!!!) while lounging on their giant 9A stateroom deck.

Enjoy!