Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Captain

Default Inside Guarantee

If you book an inside guarantee cabin, is there a chance for an upgrade to an outside cabin? I would love that.

Libragirl
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Of course there is always the chance, but I never count on it. May be a good idea to see what the cost difference is between an outside and an inside guarantee? It may not be that much and if you book the outside, there is a chance of upgrading to a balcony?? Something to think about. When booking a guarantee, I figure on getting just that and if for some reason there is an upgrade, all the better, but never plan on it.

So many factors go into who gets an upgrade and to where, a lot will depend on how booked the sailing is that you are on.

Best of luck.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 12th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Captain

Thanks Donna.
Old July 12th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Admiral

Do check, Libra. I have found that there is not usually enough of a difference to keep me in an inside.

I was once upgraded from an oceanview to a balcony, but Donna is correct - never count on an upgrade.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old July 13th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Admiral

98% of our cruises are booked inside guarantee, and 95% of the time we get an upgrade, but it's to the very best inside. (usually on the highest deck) If you really want an outside, book the ocean view guarantee. Once in a great while we'll get upgraded to an ocean view, and only once, in over 100 cruises we got upgraded to a balcony. ie: less than 1% chance. Have a great time, and let us know how the cruise went!
Ken
Old July 13th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Admiral

great advise from all(as usual). The general rule in booking a guarantee is to never book a lower cabin catagory than what you really want. If you book an inside but really want an oceanview you could be very dissapointed. MOST upgrades are to a better cabin(location, location) in the same cabin catagory. Check the price difference between the highest inside cabin catagory and the mid-range oceanview catagory, you might be surprised at how little the cost difference is. Then hope that you get a visit from our friend the UPGRADE FAIRY!!