Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Familiar Face

Default Room below Galley -- Noise?

We have been assigned a room on the Triumph that is on the main deck and is below the galley. Does anyone know if noise will likely be a problem?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Admiral

Scatman, I don't know how soundly you sleep, etc. and have never had a cabin on the Triumph under the galley--- but I can say this-- years ago on Celebrity I had a cabin underneath the galley and that was enough for me. From that time on, I book my own cabins and am very careful where I stay. However your circumstances may be different but it's a good possibility you may have some bumping, thumping, etc.
Old July 13th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Admiral

I was in a room near the galley on the Imagination and it was awful, so noisy I couldn't sleep, loud banging, thumping, etc., it sounded like their dishwashers were going all night. As Ron mentioned, no way will I ever pick a room anywhere near the galley whether it's over, under, or next to it. I never had a room under the galley, it must be horrible. Some people are very sound sleepers so the noises wouldn't bother them, I'm not one of those people. I'm very careful when choosing a stateroom, I look at the deck diagrams of the ship I'm sailing on and stay far, far away from the galley, dining rooms, show lounges, elevators, disco, etc. So, to answer your question, if you are a light sleeper, the noises will probably bother you.
Old July 14th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Admiral

I agree with the others who have answered your question. If possible, I'd change cabins. Find a deck with passenger decks both above, and below, and you'll enjoy a very quiet enviornment. Good luck.
Ken
Old July 14th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Passenger

Just a thought... we were in a cabin above the disco on one cruise and could hear the bass in the music thumping into the wee hours of the morning. (We like to have fun too, but we had an early shore excursion and needed our zzzs that night!)

To combat the noise, we propped open the door to the deck and the sound of the ocean drowned out most of the noise.

This thread makes me want to double check the location of the cabin on our next cruise....

happy cruising!
Old July 14th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to izards

I too am concerned about this as my upcoming cruise we are booked in a room just above the show room on the Conquest. My thought is that we will most likely be going to bed after the shows anyway, but has anyone ever experienced being above the theatres and is it as bad?