Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to izards
Default Booking excursions before sailing

Good morning all!

Well, in two weeks we shall be sailing away. I have booked 2 of our 3 excursions and wanted to wait to book the third excursion while on the ship. However, I was just wondering if it is ok to wait. Do the excursions normally sell out or should we be good if we waited to book the third excurions until we got on the ship? I know what it is I wanted and could probably book the first evening or morning that we are there.

Thanks for the information as well as all of the help I have received so far. I can't wait! Just 2 more weeks to go!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Admiral

Hi izards,

You should be okay if you go to the shore excursion desk quickly. They usually hold some spaces open for people who can't book online.

Have a wonderful cruise!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old July 16th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

Depending on the ship your sailing on, you maybe able to book them in your cabin from your TV.

The wife and i usually book all of ours from our cabin that first day on the ship. We've always got what we ordered.

Happy Sailing to all;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old July 17th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Passenger

It really depends on the excursion itself. If you want to go on one of the more popular excursions (like Dolphin encounter or other popular ones), I'd book it before you leave for the cruise. However, if you think it won't be the end of the world if you don't get tix for that excursion, then you can gamble and book on the cruise.

Also, you might be more limited with the time slot options if you wait to book while on the cruise. Certain excursions will have multiple start times to choose from... but as they sell out people will be limited to the remaining time slots.

We booked the ones we really wanted to do ahead of time... then for the ports where we were uncertain about the excursions and figured there would be something else to do if everything sold out, we just waited until we got to the ship.

Have a great time!
Old July 17th, 2006, 04:56 PM
First Mate

We just got back from Carnival Glory on the 15. On our ship, we were able to book excursions through the TV, or we could visit the desk to book them there. If you go up to the desk, you can talk to people about your options, what the excursions are like, etc. However, there are some times (depending on the time and day) that a long line does form at the desk. If you want to book on board, especially if you want to go to the excursion desk, I'd advise doing this as soon as you can. This way, in addition to (hopefully) avoiding the lines, you will have a better chance at booking before the excursion is sold out. Our cruise was an Eastern Caribbean one, and the almost all of the diving excursions ended up being sold out. Good luck, and have a great trip!!
Old July 17th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to izards

Thanks for the info! It was very helpful. In order to just be safe, I think I am going to book the third excursion tonight. I've been buying and paying off one at a time, but I thought I would save this one for last because it was most expensive. However, it is also the one that the kids chose, so I would HATE for us to miss that one. I was just getting lazy and figured I would be ok....which I'm sure I will be. but..........

Thanks again!!!
Old July 18th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Admiral

Default booking excursions in advance

I would book in advance to be on the safe side. I booked some ahead of time on the internet and some from my ships tv. You should have the tickets for the excursions in your mail box outside your door the next day if you book from the tv. I didn't book the Everglades excursion and got stuck waiting 5 hours in the over crowded airport, not good!

So better safe then sorry unless it's a port you can take a taxi to the place your interested in, in which case sometimes you have a lot more time to see things at your own pace then with an excursion. Case in point the Fort in San Juan.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old July 18th, 2006, 11:42 AM
First Mate

Have a great trip! Enjoy your cruise and your excursions!!
Old July 18th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Passenger

How far in advance can you book excursions?

I was told 180 days... but the web site at Carnival isn't letting me do it yet? ( I'm at day 160 or so for my Jan 06 2007 cruise)

Help ( I got use to Disney World letting you plan all your dinners 180 days out and now I'm wondering if Carnival is a little less crazy?)...or is it me?