CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Alternative cruise parking in Port Canaveral? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/317437-alternative-cruise-parking-port-canaveral.html)

Libragirl July 19th, 2006 11:01 AM

Alternative cruise parking in Port Canaveral?

My husband and I are taking our first cruise out of Port Canaveral in September. We haven't decided if we are going to fly there or drive. (We live in Texas.)

Is there an alternative cruise parking facility in Port Canaveral, or is the only option parking at the cruise terminal? I read that parking there is $12 a day. I was just wondering if there is another lot that is cheaper.

Any information is appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Libragirl (Mary) :D

DolphinFan July 19th, 2006 11:20 AM

Libra (love your name..Libra here too)..lol..if you stay at a hotel close to the Port, alot of them will let you park your car there if your taking a cruise. Check out LaQuinta..I know they will do that and they have transportation going to and from the Port.

Libragirl July 19th, 2006 11:34 AM

Thanks, DolphinFan!! I really appreciate your help.

Libragirl (Mary) LOL

Dorothy July 19th, 2006 08:16 PM

Or check the Radisson Resort at the port. They have a special "cruise" deal that allows you to park for free at the hotel for the week and take their shuttle to the port. They also have a lovely little pool party the night before your cruise.

dorothy

Libragirl July 19th, 2006 10:53 PM

Thanks, Dorothy!!

Libragirl (Mary) LOL

kiwihotchocolate July 20th, 2006 06:53 PM

One more hotel to consider -- Comfort Inn and Suites. The Radison is closer to the port, but I'm not sure what the price difference is. We stayed at Comfort Inn before our cruise on Glory two weeks ago and loved it. (We also found out we had been upgraded to a suite, which was nice.) It was also across the street from the beach, and there was a good pool/hot tub and volleyball nets outside. We parked our car on Comfort Inn's reserved lot, and there were several shuttles to pick people up between 11 am and 11:30. After our cruise (after we got through security), the shuttle company was holding up a sign, and we easily found them.

Here's the link for the special cruise program Comfort Inn offers.
http://www.secure-res.com/res/vn2/li...id=939&wtpid=1

Djcarolina July 20th, 2006 10:05 PM

I agree with most here, stay at a hotel that has reserved parking for cruise guests. We sail out of Canaveral about every 2 weeks and i personally would choose the Raddisson over the Comfort Inn and Suites. Believe me i'm not bashing the hotel or franchise, my family owns 6 hotels all of which are Choice properties (the franchise that owns Comfort) and one of those is a Comfort Inn & Suites. In my experience the Raddisson is a much nicer property with better staff and nicer rooms. Hotels aside though keep in mind that now however all cars that contain passengers sailing on Carnival ships are Valet Parked. So you are paying $12 for a little more now. Anyway any got any special questions about parking send me a PM or Email.

Libragirl July 20th, 2006 11:17 PM

Thanks everyone for your help. I am very excited about our cruises out of Port Canaveral. Now, we just have to decide if we are driving or flying there.

Libragirl :D :-P LOL

kiwihotchocolate July 22nd, 2006 12:45 AM

Ryan knows much more about the matter than I do. If he says go with Radisson, that's probably what you'll want to do. :D

Djcarolina July 22nd, 2006 01:02 AM

Lol well let me backtrack a little bit, honestly if you are going to get in at 11pm the night before your sail date then i'd go with the Comfort but if you are traveling with family or really want the 5 Star treatment before you get on the ship then go for the Raddisson. I love both properties but each serve a purpose. Comfort Inn Is for a quick 1 nighter and Raddisson is for a nice stay where you can enjoy the facilities. Personally though if you consider the accomodations at the Comfort, i'd first check with the Quality Suites there in Cocoa because all of their rooms are 2 room suites which are HUGE an VERY NICE!!

mikey who December 2nd, 2012 07:28 PM

Hi ya'll I happen to drive a bus for the best cruise parking lot in Port Canaveral. So I know all the deals in town. And I gotta tell ya that if you want to roll right up,get out of your car,get on a bus and go to the ship,this is for you!!!!! Its only 5.99 a day book it online too. And walk ins or drive ins are welomed too up to 3Oclock!!! So if ya dont want to stay overnite and dont want to get ripped off at the port for high prices, call Premier Parking and reserve a spot. Tell them Mike sent ya. I'll see ya'll there! Mike