Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 22nd, 2006, 07:48 PM
Beginner

Default Valor Wine Cruise-I need help ASAP

Taking husband on surprise 40th b-day trip. His two favorite ways to spend a vacation - cruising and drinking wine. We have not been on Carnival in years. How is this ship? There are no suites available. I have choices for balcony on 6, 7 or 9. Any suggestions? Has anyone been on the wine cruise? Are there vintners on board? What kind of special wine tastings, events, etc do they have? I have to make a definate decision very quickly and I am trying to gather as much info as possible.

Are the specialty rest. good and worth the extra$? Does this ship have repeat passanger cocktail parties? Is there a special lounge for suite or past member coctails? (RCCL calls this Concierge Club). I am not sure if Carnival has this or not.

Any help would be much appreciated. This sounds like the perfect gift for him, but I would love to have feed back from anyone that has experience it.

Thanks for the help!!!

The younger wife
Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2006, 09:06 AM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West
Default Re: Valor Wine Cruise-I need help ASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peabody
Taking husband on surprise 40th b-day trip. His two favorite ways to spend a vacation - cruising and drinking wine. We have not been on Carnival in years. How is this ship? There are no suites available. I have choices for balcony on 6, 7 or 9. Any suggestions? Has anyone been on the wine cruise? Are there vintners on board? What kind of special wine tastings, events, etc do they have? I have to make a definate decision very quickly and I am trying to gather as much info as possible.

Are the specialty rest. good and worth the extra$? Does this ship have repeat passanger cocktail parties? Is there a special lounge for suite or past member coctails? (RCCL calls this Concierge Club). I am not sure if Carnival has this or not.

Any help would be much appreciated. This sounds like the perfect gift for him, but I would love to have feed back from anyone that has experience it.

Thanks for the help!!!

The younger wife
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First thing is, You've picked a great ship to sail on. The Valor is awesome What a great birthday present I would sail on her again, and again, with no second thoughts.

Scarlett's- Is a must ! With a special event like that on your cruise, that would be perfect. When you call and make your reservations, tell the lady that its your husband's birthday. Sometimes, they'll give you a little cake, or something. ( A little happy of some kind )

Balcony- Again, great choice in cabins. Depending on where your cabin would be on deck 9, If its aft, (back corner) you could hear some noise from the pool deck. But nothing unbearable. Might want to stay midship on that deck. Decks 6 and/or 7 is fine.

Wine- Sorry, not much on wine , but.. you will have a past guest party. Once on board,Look at your carnival caper (newspaper )that will be in your cabin, to get the right day, time, and place.

Every evening, usually when your gone to the dining room, your room stewart, or stewardess, will come and turn down your bed, leave you some mints on your pillows, and a towel animal. You will also recieve a caper, tell you everything thats going on the next day on the ship.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old July 23rd, 2006, 09:29 AM
Admiral

David has pretty well summed it up for you. I concur that the Valor is a really great ship, and no doubt you'll enjoy it. As far as the wine goes, the only thing I can tell you is that the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) did go for plenty of the wine aboard the Valor last time we sailed her, so I hope there is some left for you. As you can tell from her name, she's Italian, and had no problem at all with the wine aboard. Once again, you'll throughly enjoy that part of the cruise too.
In reference to the cabin, I'd go for deck 9 if available. Deck 8 midship, and aft will be under the pool area, or the buffet area (Rosies) and you might hear some noise there. If 9 wasn't available, then go for deck 8, forward, or anywhere on deck 7.
Have a great time!
Ken
Old July 23rd, 2006, 09:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Be sure you visit the Presidential Wine Club web page - I think you need to be a member of the club to join in on many of the wine tastings and other acitivites. I could be wrong, but I did look into that cruise and think I remember seeing that somewhere.

Jodi