Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 24th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Beginner

Default We got our papers today. Upgrade??

We got a slight upgrade. Paid for a Riviera deck guarantee inside cabin and was moved to an inside cabin on the Empress deck. Has anyone ever gotten a second upgrade after they arrived at Port? Just wondering. We are fine with what we have but just thought I'd ask.
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2006, 01:44 AM
First Mate

thats is great. i have to tell you about my best upgrade every. for over a year my friend and i had a paticular oceanview cabin on the riviera deck booked for the alaska inside passage cruise on carnival spirit. when we got to the dock we had been upgraded to the verandah deck with a balcony in the middle of the ship. SWEET. it was awesome. i could not beleive it. apparently a large group had booked last minute and wanted the cheapest oceanview in a block and that included our cabin. wow, the upgrade fairy was really a generous person for us on that cruise. now i wont go on a cruise without a balcony. they are fantastic and worth the money.

if i never get another upgrade as good as that one i will still be very happy for the once in life time upgrade i got then. have a great cruise.
Old July 25th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Admiral

anything is possible, it all depends upon if the upgrade fairy decides to pay you another visit.
Old July 25th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Captain

On our last cruise, we booked an inside stateroom guarantee. When we arrived at the pier, they assigned us to cabin 1101 on Glory. I searched all over the Riviera deck and couldn't find it. Turned out, it was the first cabin, port side, spa deck, CAT 6E with wall-to-wall floor-to-ceiling window and sitting area. Very nice indeed!
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old July 25th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Last year on the Miracle we booked an inside guaranty. When docs arrived we were upgraded to an inside on a higher floor. When we got to the pier we'd been upgraded again to an ocean view! Anything is possible.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old July 25th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to izards

Hmmmm, then if you get upgraded, what happens to your bags because you would have put the room number that appeared on your docs????
Old July 25th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Familiar Face

Default Our bags went to the original cabin

On our last cuise (Costa), our room was changed for some reason, not really an upgrade. We waited and waited for out bags in the new room, but none showed up. I decided to take a walk to our original room, and there they were in the hall by that room. I had to lug them all myself, but that was ok, just happy to have them.
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Admiral

izards- what you do is when you arrive at the pier check with the porter, he has a manifest. If your cabin has been changed, just get the correct baggage tickets from him.
Old July 26th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Passenger

We were upgraded on the Inspiration from the Empress Deck, Oceanview, to the Owner's Suite on the Sports Deck(12th Deck, right below the Sun Deck) with VIP treatment the whole way! We have no idea why, but will remember this trip for the rest of our lives!