Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Captain

Default Eastern Caribean Cruise Recomendations In October / November

Was considering Western Caribean, but exploring Eastern Caribean now as a couple board members mentioned that the Western Caribean destinations are pretty well wrecked, or not that good.

So which 7 dayish cruise of the Eastern Caribean would you recomend in October / November of 2006 for an early 30's couple from Canada who have never been on a cruise before, based on the overal ship, and the ports that are visited on that particular cruise?

Thanx,
Krunch
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to Tompo8190

My family will be sailing on the Triumph November 4, 2006. According to Carnival the ship is only half full and there are some really good rates available. This Wednesday I believe is another sale day. I prefer the Eastern Carribbean because I love St. Thomas and St. Marten. They are the two most beautiful Islands I have ever visited and every time we go back I find something new to love. Let me know if you book, we can all meet for some Fun Ship Specials!!
Old July 25th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Admiral

krunch- i don't know where you are getting your information from, but you have been misinformed about the Western Caribbean. Yes, Cozumel suffered hurricane damage, but they are re-building and the island is doing just fine. Which route depends upon what you want to do.
If you want gorgeous white sandy beaches with turquoise waters, good snorkeling and good shopping then go the Eastern Route.
If you want more adventure in your cruise - swimming/snorkeling with Sting Rays, exploring water falls, zip-line tours, amazing snorkeling, dolphin swims, Mayan ruins, nice beaches then go the Western Route.
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Passenger

Krunch,
I have one small suggestion for you. If your in a tizzy about which direction to go in Oct or Nov, go ahead and purchase your passage on one or the other (We cruised the east this past summer and loved it) but make sure that you get trip insurance with your booking. Watch the weather, hurricane season is now upon us. If you choose the west and it doesn't fair so well during the season cancel it and book the east, or vis-a-versa. You will loose some of your monies on the insurance but you will have the peace of mind that your going to have a great cruise either way.
Joey