Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2006, 02:31 PM
First Mate

Default How noisy is a balcony room mid-ship on the Panorama Deck?

Hi,

We are booked for our 3rd Carnival cruise and have always been fairly low on the ships.

On Oct 15 we are sailing on the Miricle and have been upgraded from a Upper Deck balcony to a Panorama Deck balcony. My wife's concern is if the noise from the Lido Deck will be a problem.

We are mid-ship below the main pool area. We had a balcony on our last cruise and really enjoyed the serenity and ability to escape the crowds on the public decks.

Has anyone had a balcony room below the LIDO? How was the noise levels?

Also from the pictures it looks like rooms midship on the Miracle will be looking down on the life boats. Has anyone found the view less than idea?

Thanks for any help. We still have a chance to change our rooms if needed, but since Carnival charges more fo these rooms, I would expect that problems would have been kept to a minimum.

Thanks A Lot!
-Bob-
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Admiral

Hi Bob,

Welcome to Cruisemates!

We haven't sailed the Miracle but, from what I've read on the boards, you will hear noise from the Lido Deck. Mostly chairs scraping when they clean the deck early in the morning. IMO, we prefer to be between passenger decks unless we are offered a mini-suite or suite upgrade !

From looking at the deck plans, the lifeboats appear to be "tucked in" to the ship, so I don't think you'll have a problem there.

I hope someone who's actually been there can give you more info.

Have a wonderful cruise!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Old July 25th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Bob. We just got off the Victory last week and had a cabin much like the one you describe. We were on the Verandah deck (8) right below the Lido deck, just aft of center. Our balcony was directly beneath the area where the tables were on the Lido deck for dining from the Pool area buffet lines. We would occasionally hear chairs scraping across the deck above us, but only from the balcony, we never heard it from inside the cabin.

As far as seeing the lifeboats, well even though we could see them, it wasn't a bad thing, IMHO. Here's the view looking down from our cabin:

I know it's a different ship, but hopefully this info is useful.
Old July 26th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Beginner

Just returned from the Miracle on 7/23. We had cabin 8159 [midship Panorama deck]. We heard chairs scrape sometimes and heavy footsteps rarely. Even on Beers & Bathrobe night -- a huge party right upstairs -- we decided to go to bed early and noise from the Lido was not an issue. In fact, the Miracle is amazingly quiet, quieter than many hotels on land -- no flushing toilets or hallway conversation, for example. The view from our balcony, straight down, was exactly the same as the posted photo. If you're seated on the balcony, you don't see life boats from the balcony at all. Have a great cruise -- Miracle is a great ship!
Old July 27th, 2006, 02:44 PM
First Mate

Thank you all very much for your feedback. You have set my wife's mind at ease and we can get back to eagerly anticipaiting our cruise again. All the best to each of you.
Old July 27th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Passenger

On our 7 day Carnival Spirit cruise to Mexico we paid for the cheapest balcony and were upgraded to the Panorama Deck (extended balcony, mid ship) for the same price. We were not too happy with the noice of the chairs being moved about on the Lido deck just above our floor every early morning. Now that we know, we will always plan to be no higher than the Verandah Deck.

We are taking the same ship on an Alaska cruise July 2007 and have reserved a mini-suite on the Empress deck, mid-ship. Can't wait.
Old August 1st, 2006, 11:05 PM
Beginner

Default How noisy is a balcony room mid-ship on the Panorama Deck?

We just returned from the Miracle - July 23-30. We had cabin 8211 (Aft - Panaroma). It was extremely noisy. We heard the dinning room crew and customers all night long. Carts rolling, pans clashing, etc.

We still enjoyed the cruise and the ship!

Have a great time.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 12:28 AM
Passenger

We had a room midship on the Veranda on the Conquest last month. My husband thought some of the noises we were hearing were the chairs being dragged around by the pool. But this was only if we were in the room during the day. Wasnt a problem at night.
I cant say that it was enough to even be concered about.
Looking out over the balcony, if you look straight down you do see the top of the lifeboats, again not a problem.
I'm new to this site so I dont know if there is a place to post pictures or not, but I have a picture looking out and down and the lifeboats if that would help