Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Beginner

Default watch sales

do any of the ships still have those watch sales set up in the hallways? i found a few nice watches there in the past.
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Admiral

Yes,,I think most of them do! They seem to be on one of the last sea days, and they put about 100 of them on a table outside the shop in the atrium, and then put one price on them. Some seem to be a pretty good deal!
See you aboard,
Ken
Old July 28th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

So far, every cruise I've been on will run a one day watch sale. Just read through your ads and cruise paper the evening before, they will advertize it....good shopping!

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 18th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Familiar Face

We had one on the last sea day (Valor). I bought my Tag Heuer Kirium from the shop. Probably the best value item I have ever purchased.
Carnival Destiny 25Oct08 rm1120
Carnival Legend 30Sept07 rm6232 Great Balcony
Carnival Valor 10Sept06 rm1011
Carnival Holiday 08May06 rmE47
Commodore Enchanted Isle 09Sept98 rm465
Old September 18th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

There was a watch sale when I went on the Glory. Actually, they had a sale on pretty much all jewelery (even diamonds and gemstones) when I cruised. They will also have many Bijoux Terner fashion watches and accessories of the like for $10. If you're looking for the designer kind, then, you can consider even their normal prices a sale because they are quite a bit below what you would find at a retail store; so you'll get a deal whether there's a sale or not. As Donna suggested, you should read your Carnival Capers the evening before, as they will advertise all sales and specials. Stock runs out fast, though, so you better be quick!
Old September 20th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Beginner

Typically what brands of watches do they sell? Is it more on line with the fashion brands, or do they sell higher-end watches that appeal to the collector? I know someone mentioned the sale of a Tag, but do they offer other brands like Rolex, Breitling, etc...?
Old September 20th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi dhay55,

When I was onboard, they sold fashion watches, like Burberry, Guess, Fossil and also some more expensive ones, like Seiko and Citizen. There was also Tagheuer, Ferarri (?) and collector ones that were a couple thousand dollars, and ones with diamonds too.
Old September 21st, 2006, 10:50 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaretto
Hi dhay55,

When I was onboard, they sold fashion watches, like Burberry, Guess, Fossil and also some more expensive ones, like Seiko and Citizen. There was also Tagheuer, Ferarri (?) and collector ones that were a couple thousand dollars, and ones with diamonds too.
I'm a big fan of the watch sales. I have three of my own and bought for my sister as well on cruises.

I bought a lovely Anne Klein watch on my last Carnival cruise and not only was it a great price, it was a very unique style that I have never seen anywhere else. I get tons of compliments on my watch all the time. I also bought a very nice DKNY one for my sister and another Fossil for myself.

It seems like I get a new watch every time I take a cruise.
Old September 21st, 2006, 10:53 AM
First Mate

My husband loves the watches he buys at these sales, and they make great Christmas presents for all types and ages of people.

RCL x5: Majesty of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas

Celebrity x1: Century

Princess x3: Caribbean Princess x3, Dawn Princess

NCL x1: NCL Spirit