Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2006, 06:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Suprise birthday cruise on the Conquest!!!

Last night when I got home from my piano lessons my parents called me and my younger brother downstairs and told us that we're going on a Birthday cruise for me and my younger brother!!We have the same birthday (October 26th)!!I will be turning 19 and my younger brother will be turning 16!!We are going on the Conquest!!I have never been on this ship before and I really need some good info on her!!Carnival doesnt serve beer and wine to 19 yr olds do they?Thats the only reason I kinda wish it was a RCI cruise !!Thanks for all the help!!
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2006, 07:30 PM
Admiral

Hi Sdude,

What a great BD present for you and your brother! How interesting that you have the same BD!

On Carnival you have to be 21 to drink. I think that RCCL is changing their policy, too, so just be glad you got in "under the line" on your RCCL cruise!

I'm sure you'll have a great time anyway. You seem like the kind of guy who can make his own fun 8) !

(BTW, I think it's great that you are taking piano lessons. I always wanted to play, but my parents didn't think I would "stick with it"...)

Do a search on "Conquest" and you'll find lots of info!

Don't miss Luanne's review here:

http://cruisemates.com/forum/viewtop...light=conquest

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old August 2nd, 2006, 08:41 PM
Admiral

Surfer, I am so happy for you!! I love your posts and your view on things. You seem really intelligent, yet you are still young and have a lot to learn. I haven't been on the Conquest, but you will find lots of info. I live about 10-12 miles from you, so I feel like we are neighbors!

Two thumbs up to your parents.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old August 2nd, 2006, 11:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for all the info Fern!!Haha I was one of the people that was waiting everyday for luanne to update and finish her review!!I hope I have as much fun as she did!!Also,I agree with you,I know I can have a GREAT time without alcohol,But it makes it ALOT easier to introduce myself to people (mostly girls lol) after I get a nice little buzz!!I am not a very heavy drinker like most people my age and I dont drink to get drunk,Ok well sometimes I do...but only once in a blue moon!)!And yeah piano lessons can get boring sometimes and very hard too,but i've always had a passion for music and learning to play instruments so its not that bad for me!!I first learned guitar,then percussion/drumset, then violin,and now im working very hard at my piano lessons!!Its always a good conversation starter while on the cruises,as mostly everyone ive met in my lifetime loves music!!

ready2gonow (I love your name,its exactly how I feel right now!!)-Thank you very much!!I guess its all thanks to my parents for bringing me up right!!But wow that just made my day lol!!Really?Thats awesome!!What town do you live in?
Old August 3rd, 2006, 04:26 AM
Admiral

if you would like some feedback from an "old" man..playing the piano onboard will get you introductions to alot more women then drinking will..most women love musicians, so hit one of the smaller venues with a piano in it and ask if you could play a song or 2 and word will get out

alcohol dulls the senses..music seduces the mind
Old August 3rd, 2006, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Surfer, I live in Alvin, just down the road from you. And that is great advice from Venice. There is nothing cooler than seeing someone come out of a crowd and sit down and play the piano. Even at my age, it makes my heart just melt!

My DS birthday is Jul 30 and my DIL birthday is Aug 16. We gave them a cruise on the Ecstasy for their birthday presents, so obviously I approve of such a gift!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

You are going on the Conquest!!!!! I am so jelous. I also live up the road from you. Sure are a lot of Texas cruisers these days.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 3rd, 2006, 07:01 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDude
Also,I agree with you,I know I can have a GREAT time without alcohol,But it makes it ALOT easier to introduce myself to people (mostly girls lol) after I get a nice little buzz!!I am not a very heavy drinker like most people my age and I dont drink to get drunk,Ok well sometimes I do...but only once in a blue moon!)!
Believe it or not, I was 19 once (okay, it was a while ago...) and I know what you're saying !

I also agree with venice and readytogonow. Any guy who can play any musical instrument (and you play four!) will get the girls!

I also live "just up the road" from you - in Arkansas !

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old August 3rd, 2006, 11:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Venice-Oh believe me,I know that from experience !!Thats one of my favorite parts of playing music lol!!
Ready2gonow-I drive through Alvin sometimes when im headed to manvelle to go do some western dancing at Eddies!!What a small world haha!!
Luanne-Where do you live?Yeah the Galveston port has grown alot over the years,now its just time to get some better ships!!Well I mean im sure the Conquest is a good one to keep in Galveston,but RCI needs to bring a newer ship to galveston!!
Fern-I know you were 19 once and I bet your still young at heart !!Wow you are so lucky to live in Arkansas!!Its gorgeous up there during the fall!!When Hurricane Rita was supposed to hit us,me and my family flew to New York City to do some shopping,and my dad found a mercedes that he wanted to buy for my mom for her birthday,so he bought it and me and him drove home,while the rest of the family flew!!We had a great road trip and got to stop in Hot Springs,Arkansas and had a really fun time!!It was good because it took the worries of our house being underwater or demolished!!But we stayed at a nice little hotel called Embassy Suites,and it was very nice for a low dollar hotel!!Anyways,ill stop rambling on lol!I tend to do that alot !Sorry!!Happy cruising,Daniel
Old August 3rd, 2006, 11:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

We live in the Fort Hood area. What are you near?

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 4th, 2006, 02:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

Ok I know where that is!I live in in Clear Lake,I just moved here last month from Dickinson!!Im right inbetween Galveston and Houston!!I love living close to the water!!This summer Ive been to the beach almost everyday to go surfing,and I know y'all probably wont think its wierd,but all of my friends do,but every Sunday after surfing,I always drive down to the Cruise Terminal and watch the ships sail away and blow my airhorn at all the hot chicks on the boat lol!!I dont know why I do it,it just always brings back alot of great memories!!!
Old August 4th, 2006, 02:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

Ok I know where that is!I live in in Clear Lake,I just moved here last month from Dickinson!!Im right inbetween Galveston and Houston!!I love living close to the water!!This summer Ive been to the beach almost everyday to go surfing,and I know y'all probably wont think its wierd,but all of my friends do,but every Sunday after surfing,I always drive down to the Cruise Terminal and watch the ships sail away and blow my airhorn at all the hot chicks on the boat lol!!I dont know why I do it,it just always brings back alot of great memories!!!
Old August 4th, 2006, 02:47 AM
Cruise Maniac