Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2006, 08:38 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to omaits
Default Scenarios for Hurrican Chris (Leaving from Miami on Sun)

I am leaving on my first cruise on Sunday (4 days) from Miami. Tropical Storm Chris is projected to be within range of Miami on Sunday at around 9 AM. My flight is arriving at 11:50AM Sunday. I am getting VERY nervous.

I do have vacation insurance, but I am unsure whether or not they will cover me if I am a few hours late getting into Miami and miss the cruise. Also, I might not be able to fly into Miami at all!

I understand they could possibly make the cruise an Eastern Carribbean cruise...but that doesn't help me getting to Miami.

What are the possible scenarios?

I would like to know what to expect. I really don't want this to ruin my honeymoon...

Thanks.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 09:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Don't think you will have an issue getting to Miami, but could possibly have some port changes. You may have some rain in Miami, but I don't think it will delay you much, if at all.

Jodi
Old August 2nd, 2006, 10:03 PM
Admiral

The latest report on TWC indicates that Chris will probably track further south and originally thought (not a lot -- but some). The odds are improving for the Miami area! Lots of positive thoughts are being sent your way for a great cruise and safe travel.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old August 2nd, 2006, 10:03 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn1
Don't think you will have an issue getting to Miami, but could possibly have some port changes. You may have some rain in Miami, but I don't think it will delay you much, if at all.

Jodi
Thank you so much for that! That really eases my mind. I could honestly care less about port changes as long as I get on the ship on time. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Old August 2nd, 2006, 10:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

I cruised out of Port C the day after Charley came barrelling through here in Aug 2004- I am in Orlando - and had no problem (just a long trip to port with traffic). The ship just stayed off shore until it was clear. Also, we sailed 4 hours late due to the ship waiting on passengers who were delayed due to hurricane damages to Orlando airport. If the Glory will sail less than 24 hours after a major hurricane makes a direct hit, then you won't have any problem with Miami (no direct hit - just some rain bands maybe). Chris will be going very south of Miami - don't worry and enjoy your upcoming honeymoon.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:24 PM
Yeoman

YAHOO!!!!! Chris is being sheared apart.........hopefully it will totally go away and just be a little rain storm. I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you leaving on Sunday and Saturday. Have a great trip.....Can't wait until mine.

I hope everyone has a wonderful cruise!
Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I also want to wish you well. It does look like the storm is going to be further south, and shouldn't be a problem for you.

Have a great cruise.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 3rd, 2006, 02:04 PM
Admiral

Yep,,as the others have stated, you shouldn't have any problem at all. I'll look for you, as we are sailing on the Glory out of Port Canaveral on Saturday. We may wind up in the same ports I too couldn't care less where the ship sails to, as long as she sails. 8)
Congratulations, and see you in port.
Ken
Old August 3rd, 2006, 02:31 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the good news and words of optomism. I can't wait to get on board the ship and relax! The weather reports show that Chris is getting weaker!