Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2006, 11:31 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to Tompo8190
Default Is the Triumph really that bad?

I have been reading on other topics that past cruisers on the Triumph were not happy with the ship compared to other Carnival ships. Can anyone tell me why? Good or bad I am really curious what others have to say. I am booked on the Triumph for November and previously sailed on Destiny, Paradise, Sensation and Valor. I'd really like to know why this ship is getting a bad rap. Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2006, 09:05 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Eaky77

I was on the Triumph for my honeymoon 10-04. I loved the ship, and loved the cruise!!!!!! You can't really look too deep into the bad reviews. It's all in your own attitude. If you go thinking it's going to be a horriable ship, then it will be. Go, have fun, and let yourself decide. I have nothing bad to say about the Triumph, I had an AWESOME time!!!

HAVE FUN!!!!!!
Erin
09-24-06 Destiny
10-02-05 Valor My favorite yet!
10-23-04 Triumph (Honeymoon of my dreams)
12-24-94 Holiday
Old August 3rd, 2006, 09:48 AM
Admiral

In my personal experience on the Triumph, I found the decor itself not as bright as other Carnival ships, the ship did not seem to be as clean or well kept, worn, dirty carpeting in the hallways, trash not picked up on the Lido Deck, etc. Our stateroom had jelly beans rolling around the floor when we walked in, we mentioned it to our Room Steward the first day and they were still there when we left. We had a large church group (clearly identified by their matching T shirts), located in staterooms around us and they were screaming back and forth in the halls the entire week, propping their doors open with chairs and playing boom boxes late into the early morning hours, children were racing in the halls, screaming and banging on everyone's door, removing our room service menu card every night from our doorknob (I caught them). We notified the Purser's Desk many times, they came up and spoke to the offenders, but it continued all week. Granted, actions of this large group were not Carnival's fault but resolution of the issue was and this can happen on any ship. We didn't believe that the food on the Triumph was up to Carnival's standards even tho it is the same menu as on other Carnival ships, the dining room staff were unfriendly and hurried us thru every meal, room service was not as prompt, etc., etc. Overall, we had a good cruise despite all the negatives but it did not compare to the fantastic cruises we have experienced on other Carnival ships (including the older, smaller ships....Fascination, Imagination). A cruise is what you make it but sometimes the negatives outweigh the positives and are hard to ignore. The spark just wasn't there on the Triumph, either from staff or the maintenance personnel.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 09:54 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Eaky77

I guess it just goes to show you how people can have different experiences on the same ship!

Erin
09-24-06 Destiny
10-02-05 Valor My favorite yet!
10-23-04 Triumph (Honeymoon of my dreams)
12-24-94 Holiday
Old August 3rd, 2006, 03:03 PM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to hockeyluver

Our favourite cruise so far was on the Triumph!! It took a while to figure out how to navigate the ship, but that was part of the fun! If you do go on the Triumph on decks 10,9 and I believe 6 and 7 if you go all the way forward there are doors that lead out to small decks. A wonderful place to watch the sail away and arrival at ports. quite dark out there at night also

Next up Elation Aug 23 '10
then the Miracle again Feb 7,2011
Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03
Old August 4th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to Tompo8190

Thanks for the posts...it helps to hear something good. My friend just went on the Triumph and she wasn't happy with the bar and dining room staff. She felt they had a bit of an attitude. Then I start reading on here that other people weren't happy either. I don't know...she's a RCC fan so maybe she was comparing too much. Either way, I can't wait to go on my cruise.
Old August 4th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyluver
Our favourite cruise so far was on the Triumph!! It took a while to figure out how to navigate the ship, but that was part of the fun! If you do go on the Triumph on decks 10,9 and I believe 6 and 7 if you go all the way forward there are doors that lead out to small decks. A wonderful place to watch the sail away and arrival at ports. quite dark out there at night also
what were you doing out there at night????
Horizon - July '03
Rhapsody of the Seas - Thanksgiving '03
Golden Princess - June '04
Carnival Ecstasy - May '05
Explorer of the Seas - July '05
Infinity - Doomed Voyage - July '06
Old August 4th, 2006, 04:38 AM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to hockeyluver

ummm star gazing

Your friend may have had a bad experience with her dining team and with a bar. Ours on the other hand were awesome Victor and Gusti made our time in the dining room awesome. Victor was always teasing our 16 yr old (she is very gulible *blonde*)

Next up Elation Aug 23 '10
then the Miracle again Feb 7,2011
Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03
Old August 5th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Passenger

I am sailing upon Triumph in October. It will be my second cruise upon her. It would not be were I disappointed in the ship in any fashion. A cruise is what you make of it.

Oh...I have heard it all now..."JELLYBEANS RUINED MY CRUISE"