Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2006, 08:29 AM
Passenger

Default Margaritaville

We are looking into doing easy stuff in Jamaica, we would like to know if any excersions are going to Margaritaville? We are booking through Carnival for these trips, due to the fact this is our first trip and everyone is nervous about being late coming back.

Thank You.

49 Sundays to go.
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2006, 09:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

The excursion is a long one! Margaritaville is located on the shore end of the cruise dock in Ocho Rios. It makes it easy to stumble back to the ship after you indulge yourself there!

Carnival Spirit - Mexican Riviera
Carnival Glory 2007
RCCL Navigator of the Sea 2004
Carnival Elation 2002
Old August 3rd, 2006, 09:55 AM
Admiral

You don't need to book an excursion, Margaritaville is a very short walk down the pier (5 minutes) and thru the shopping complex. It is located on their private beach which you can access once you are in the restaurant. When we entered Margaritaville, the girl at the podium put wrist bands on us which allowed us to exit to the beach and re-enter the restaurant. My grandson loved the pool and water slide in the restaurant and the food was good (especially the wings). We managed to chug down a few Red Stripes and some free shots before making our way back to the ship. It was a great place to spend a few hours.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 10:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

True about Ochos Rios but I believe there is one in Montego Bay and that sure on the location. Can someone confirm for the OP.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 11:02 AM
Passenger

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. We were wondering if you can shop there too, and how do you handle the stuff you buy, where do you store it when you go swimming etc. We are not drinkers, but it sounds like a nice place to swim, and shop. I have trouble with my knee and to go out walking far or sitting to long is a no no.

49 Sundays to go.....
Old August 3rd, 2006, 11:53 AM
Captain

If you are going to Montego Bay, Jamaica, you'll have to take a taxi or a bus to Margaritaville. We took the bus to the shops in town, and then had the bus driver drop us off at Margaritaville. He asked us to tell him a time and that he would pick us up at that time. After an hour or so at Margaritaville, we walked to Doctor Cave's Beach. (It was a short walk and no one bothered us.) We were only charged $5 each to get in. Doctor Cave's Beach was beautiful. We stayed there a while and then walked back to Margaritaville where our bus driver was waiting for us.

We had a very nice time, but Jamaica has a high crime rate and we were warned to stay with a group and to only take certain cabs.

Have a great cruise!!!

Libragirl from Texas
Old August 3rd, 2006, 02:55 PM
Beginner

If you do not drink, I would stay away from Margaritaville in Montego Bay.
I saw no shopping around there either. Go to Dr Cove or something, unless of course you want to hear ear bleeding music and screaming people and non stop microphone banter.

Now if you want to party and go nuts, I had a blast there!! We then had our driver stop for authentic jerk pork and chicken on the way back to the ship.. Fantastic.

This was all AFTER we did the whitewater rafting. Truly awsome and beautiful.