Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Passenger

Default Rose Hall Beach Resort

Going on our 2nd cruise to Western Caribbean. This time on a 7 day aboard the Conquest. We booked the Rose Hall excursion as I have heard negative things about going off on your own in Jamaica. Has anyone been to Rose Hall.
Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Pepsiguy, Hi and Congrats on your cruise. I love the Conquest. I am reading a book called "The White Witch of Rose Hall" I picked it up at the Carnival Jamaica cruise terminal. If you can order it, and like reading for fun, get it before you go, to learn some insights on what the place was. Also, go to Rose Hall.com they will also give you a history of the place. As the web site will tell you. Be sure to take your camera, and see if you can capture a ghost on film.

Have fun!!!!!!

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 7th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague
Default Rose Hall Beach Resort

It has been several years since we did this excursion and I didn't think, it was offered anymore, but here is my info for what it's worth. We boarded a bus to the beach hall for a hair raising ride down small roads (I don't think the driver ever used his brakes). He provided a little history of the country and talked about the ghost of Rose Hall. We passed the plantation on the way to the beach, but there was no stop there. Upon arrival there were changing rooms. At the beach you are given a ticket for a rum punch (powerful stuff). Activities available included snorkeling, jet skis, banana boats and other water sports. There was an outdoor snack bar, but I was afraid to try anything there. There was also a few craft tents (nothing spectacular) and a lady trying to braid hair. My son was offered drugs by someone at the beach (he declined). The staff was attentive. We tipped the waiter well and drinks were brought to the shore. Great water and pictures. It wasn't too crowded and everyone had a great time. The only problem was the ride back to the dock. The driver took a side trip to a rundown flea market supposedly run by his family. He parked the bus there for over an hour. The heat was horrible. There was absolutely nothing I wanted to purchase at this stop. This stop took time away from our shopping in the city so we were a little dissappointed. I think the biggest problem for me was seeing how poor the people of this country are. I've lived in third world countries before, so I wasn't shocked. I was just surprised that the citizens of a "tourist area" live in such horrendous surroundings.