Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Admiral

Default Why Carnival?

I love Carnival - we tried one on Princess and didn't have nearly as much fun - and we are old (mid-fifties) and don't drink (much) Go figure.

We love the laid back Carnival atmosphere - the total funship package.
What do you love about Carnival?

TTFN Jennifer
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Captain

I like to drink my hot chocalate & people watch while reading a book in the buffet restraunt after it closes.... Nice & quiet....

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)
Old August 13th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Beginner

Same here, OP...I was on the Golden Princess when she was brand new and I really think that I got a bigger bang for my buck with Carnival in the value and fun dept. DH and I are 53 and we enjoy people watching during the afternoon activities even though we might not be tempted to participate. Folks seem laid back. DH is a NASCAR fan and it just seems like the Carnival line attracts people who enjoy activities that "us common folk" like. Not assuming all Carnival cruisers are NASCAR fans, but we have never felt any snobbery on a Carnival cruise and felt very comfortable with all the passengers we met.
Old August 14th, 2006, 08:01 AM
First Mate

What do I not love?
Carnival Destiny 3-9-97
Carnival Sensation 3-14-98
Carnival Imagination 3-13-99
Carnival Spirit 3-8-03
Carnival Valor 3-20-05
Carnival Fantasy 9-1-05
Carnival Liberty 1-7-06
Carnival Legend 8-16-06
Carnival Miracle 5-16-09
Carnival Splendor 5-17-13

Carnival Sunshine
Old August 14th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

The price. Best prices for a solo cruiser like me.

Jodi
Old August 14th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Hubby and I are in our late 40's and early 50's and don't gamble, are not big drinkers and love Nascar.

Hubby started out on Carnival over 20 years ago and I guess we continued to cruise with them because"
1. They were familar (you knew what to expect)
2. They had a good childrens program by the time we started cruising as a family
3. They are a good vacation value.
4. They have karaoke. (yes, I am addicted)

I was glad to see Carnival evolved from the "drink and puke" crowd to a more family line, but to be perfectly honest, I am now wondering if we are outgrowing them. We have never tried other lines in the past, because we were satisified with Carnival. But will probably branch out to Princess, RCCL and maybe even Oceania in the near future. I would sail on Celebrity tomorrow if I could convince them that Karaoke does have some redeeming qualities as a form of entertainment.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old August 14th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Captain

i like the price we got for the cruise, we have always had great serice,
we found the staff to be frindly and helpfull, the food is good as you cansee there are alot of reson we love carnival
Old August 14th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Admiral

We are going on the Elation in November. I sure hope we run across some of those NASCAR fans, or any kind of race fan. We are at a stockcar racetrack every Saturday during season. At least we would have something in common with somebody.

Need some cruise help?
Old August 16th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Captain

carnival dudes a racing cruise call the rusty wallace cruise my frist cruise with
carnival was one of those cruise you can't miss them they all ware a necklace racing pass
Old August 16th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

I love the great rates.
Old August 16th, 2006, 12:04 PM
BEACH DOUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddletoe53
carnival dudes a racing cruise call the rusty wallace cruise my frist cruise with
carnival was one of those cruise you can't miss them they all ware a necklace racing pass
Uh huh. Uh huh. Okay. Um, can you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about the ... things? Uh ... the things.

Old August 19th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Passenger

I am glad to hear all the positive comments on Carnival Cruise Lines in general. I am taking my first cruise on December 2nd on the Carnival Glory. Also glad to see people in their 50's (the age of my travelling companion and myself - he's also a Nascar fan). We are not big drinkers or gamblers either, but we will have a cabin with a balcony (something I really wanted) so I am looking forward to sitting on my balcony drinking a foo foo drink!!!
Old August 19th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Captain

My husband and I have been on 8 Carnival cruises. We have 4 more booked for the Fall. I would love to try some other cruise lines, but so far we've just cruised on Carnival. My husband gets the military rate, so we get too good of deals to pass up.

Libragirl from Texas

HAPPY CRUISING TO ALL!!!!
Old August 19th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Admiral

We also got a military discount that I thought was pretty good. I still check prices every once in a while to see if our cruise has gone down and so far it has not. Our final payment is in September. If the price lowers before then will the military discount also be adjusted? So far our discount still beats the other prices. The Elation doesn't have balcony rooms, just suites, inside or oceanview. I would have loved a suite, but it just wasn't in the budget. I'm happy with the oceanview for our first cruise. Maybe one day we will work up to a suite, but really, how much time do you actually stay in your room. I don't plan on staying in ours all that much. To many other things to look at on the ship.

Need some cruise help?
Old August 19th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Captain

I wanted to take a look at the Karaoke last time on the Conquest BUT the smoke was so thick I had to get out of there.... I heard somewhere that Carnival may have stopped the smoking in the Karaoke area, is this true??..
We also get the Military discount everytime with our Carnival agent, she Emails me the deals a few months before the cruise dates.... I understand that the Military Discounts are limited though & they run out oif them quickly (Only so many of them on each ship & sail date).....

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)