CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Filling out Fun Pass (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/319064-filling-out-fun-pass.html)

zekeandkim August 14th, 2006 03:35 PM

Filling out Fun Pass

This may be a dumb question, but
what do you put in the passport
'City of Issuance'? The city that
you applied for the passport or
the city you will be leaving the
country from? :oops:

David West August 14th, 2006 03:47 PM

I think its the city that you applied for the passport in . :)

If I'm wrong guy's, help me out !

Happy Sailing to all; :D
David

reverendjeff August 14th, 2006 04:23 PM

U.S. Customs has offices in different cities. I live in Oklahoma, my passport says Houston as the city of issue.
Yours should state a city where it was issued which may not be where you live, or where you applied.

rosetattoo August 14th, 2006 04:32 PM

I applied for my Passport in Fort Lauderdale and the city listed on my Passport is Miami. However, my daughter applied for her Passport in Fort Lauderdale and when she received it, there was no City of Issuance listed on her Passport at all, don't know if the new Passports are not listing City of Issuance anymore. When we filled out our Fun Pass online, we just put "Florida".

roheme August 14th, 2006 04:47 PM

When I went to New York and the last month (Mediterranean tour), I put the city of partance (Southampton, I travelled on the Queen Mary 2).

BEACH DOUG August 14th, 2006 05:14 PM

I live in Minneapolis and write Seattle in that field.

skymaster August 14th, 2006 05:26 PM

I too think it's the city of issuance that they are looking for. I just renewed mine as well, and the old passport had the city of issuance as Miami, however the new one doesn't say what city issued it. As a result, I didn't know what to put in that blank. I finally gave up and put "Miami" there, and it seems to work just fine. If they want something else, I'm sure they'll let you know, but I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

Ken

takevtr1 August 14th, 2006 07:42 PM

I had the exact same problem.
There was no city listed for my entire family.
I spoke to my TA and she said just put New York City down. I live on Long Island, NY.
Go figure.

criscomia August 16th, 2006 12:58 PM

I didn't see a City of Issuance either. I got mine back in 2002.

amaretto August 16th, 2006 03:17 PM

You're supposed to put the city where your passport was issued, or the place where you applied for your passport (hence the City of Issuance).

Fern August 16th, 2006 06:28 PM

We're in Arkansas.

We got our passports in 2004. Under "Authority" it says New Orleans Passport Agency. That's what we use as "City of Issuance".

As reverendjeff said:

Quote:

Yours should state a city where it was issued which may not be where you live, or where you applied.

takevtr1 August 17th, 2006 11:59 AM

such confusion :o

Eddie97128 August 25th, 2006 05:47 PM

I applied for my passport in Oregon. It was "issued" in New Orleans.

katenanna45 August 25th, 2006 06:13 PM

I live in Las Vegas, NV and my passport was issued in New Orleans so I have been putting New Orleans. Katie