Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Yeoman

Default Latest time to Leave your cabin

I'd like to know what the latest time you can leave your cabin on arrival back home? Also, what is the latest they still serve breakfast in the Lido and in the formal dining room. I was thinking about staying in my cabin until the last minute, then go to breakfast and be off the ship by 10:00 or 10:30am. Is this possible? I just don't see any sense in getting in all those crowds to try and find your luggage.

I hope everyone has a wonderful cruise!
Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Latest time to Leave your cabin

Quote:
Originally Posted by criscomia
I'd like to know what the latest time you can leave your cabin on arrival back home? Also, what is the latest they still serve breakfast in the Lido and in the formal dining room. I was thinking about staying in my cabin until the last minute, then go to breakfast and be off the ship by 10:00 or 10:30am. Is this possible? I just don't see any sense in getting in all those crowds to try and find your luggage.
On the morning of disembarkation, we stayed in our cabin and just sat on the balcony for a while. The cabin steward never asked us to leave, but he clearly insinuated it by opening the door every 15 minutes or so to see if we were gone yet. We finally went up to the Panorama deck and sat around for a while up there until our deck was called - although I suspect we could have stayed on until the last deck was called.
Old August 16th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Yeoman

Thanks Parrot Rob..........did you have breakfast on your balcony? in the Lido? or none at all. Anyone know what time they stop breakfast or can you get it delivered to your room that morning?

Old August 16th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Thanks Parrot Rob..........did you have breakfast on your balcony? in the Lido? or none at all. Anyone know what time they stop breakfast or can you get it delivered to your room that morning?
We had breakfast on the Lido, just as we did most days. That was around 9am. They started pulling the breakfast up shortly afterward, maybe around 9:30-10:00?
Old August 16th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Yeoman

Cool Beans Rob.......thanks for the info

Old August 16th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

No prob, remember though that that was for a New York arrival (we docked around 7am) - so you might need to adjust those times if you don't dock until later in the morning!
Old August 16th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Normally, they like you to clear out of your cabin around 8:00 so they can finish cleaning for the next occupants. Breakfast is early and very limited and there may not be room service breakfast that morning. The choices are to go to the dining room or buttet early.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 16th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Yeoman

Thanks Donna........ I guess I can't shackle myself to the balcony.

Old August 16th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Plano97

You should be able to stay in your cabin until 9:30am. The buffet stays open until 10:30-11:00am or so.
Old August 16th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plano97
You should be able to stay in your cabin until 9:30am. The buffet stays open until 10:30-11:00am or so.
Really?????????? That would be great. I would just like to hang out and not be one of the herd of cattle that is pushing to get off first.

Old August 16th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Admiral

We just sailed the Glory, and they requested that we vacate the cabins by 8:30. Breakfast was served in the dining room until 8:30, and on Lido Deck a bit later. (Don't know as we ate in the dining room. Best thing to do is have a liesurely breakfast after packing your stuff, and putting it in a closet in the cabin, out of the stewards way. Then pick up your stuff, find a comfortable spot on one of the public decks, and chill out until your color and deck are called.)

Ken
Old August 16th, 2006, 03:28 PM
First Mate

Holland encourages you to return to your room and i see no reason for Carnival being any different as they are the parent co.If they have not cleared the last group we have always stayed in our room .they do not normally let you in your room before1:30 so they can wait on me.Most Americans want to be first off the ship solet them and they can clean my room last on their agenda.Am sure they have plenty to do without worrying about a couple of late check outers.
Old August 16th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotRob
Quote:
We had breakfast on the Lido, just as we did most days. That was around 9am. They started pulling the breakfast up shortly afterward, maybe around 9:30-10:00?
Is breakfast only available on the Lido, or can you have it in the dining room as well?
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Admiral

The Platinum (mid-ship) dining room served breakfast every morning. Nice to be waited on IMO.

Ken
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Breakfast is served on the Lido, and the dining room. The Lido a bit longer. As far as leaving the room that morning. I always remember the morning I boarded for the first time, and wished they would hurry up and get our room ready. If you keep that in mind, then you get up, shower, and then go to the public rooms that can be cleaned after new people board the ship. We have always had very good room stewards, and I would never think of making him wait on me to leave, when I was ready, and just hanging out.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
Breakfast is served on the Lido, and the dining room. The Lido a bit longer. As far as leaving the room that morning. I always remember the morning I boarded for the first time, and wished they would hurry up and get our room ready. If you keep that in mind, then you get up, shower, and then go to the public rooms that can be cleaned after new people board the ship. We have always had very good room stewards, and I would never think of making him wait on me to leave, when I was ready, and just hanging out.

Luanne
Luanne.........thanks for the input......I wasn't even thinking along those lines.....you are absolutely right.........I'm glad I have some of you guys and gals on here to help me think.

Old August 17th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

On the Spirit, you could order room service on the last morning. I just hung the menu sign outside the door the night before. If you have a balcony, make sure you're not out on the deck watching all the action and miss the knock on the door! HA.....like we did! The poor waiter took the tray back to the kitchen and they called to see if we were there and then he brought it back. We felt so bad that my husband gave him a $10 tip.
Old August 17th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by judysalyers
On the Spirit, you could order room service on the last morning. I just hung the menu sign outside the door the night before. If you have a balcony, make sure you're not out on the deck watching all the action and miss the knock on the door! HA.....like we did! The poor waiter took the tray back to the kitchen and they called to see if we were there and then he brought it back. We felt so bad that my husband gave him a $10 tip.
Does anyone know if Vaor is the same way? Would love to have an early breakfast on the balcony, then head to one of the designated areas to leave.

Old August 17th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Admiral

I think it is the same for each cruise. What we do is order juice and coffee on the last morning, then after showers, and final good byes, we go and eat in the dining room one more time, or to the Lido.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 17th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Yeoman

Luanne.........do you put your luggage out the door the last night of the cruise or do you carry it all off yourself? I've always put it outside the door, usually because I have tooooooo much packed.

Old August 17th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Admiral

We always put our stuff out the night before. I love having someone else having to deal with it. Well worth the effort, but for those Newbies, you need to be sure you have everything you need out, before you go to bed. The lady across from us, had to buy a robe on the last morning, because she forgot to take out clothes,( except nightgown)I have to admit, she wore that robe off the ship with pride.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 17th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
We always put our stuff out the night before. I love having someone else having to deal with it. Well worth the effort, but for those Newbies, you need to be sure you have everything you need out, before you go to bed. The lady across from us, had to buy a robe on the last morning, because she forgot to take out clothes,( except nightgown)I have to admit, she wore that robe off the ship with pride.

Luanne
HA HA HA......that had to be a sight. I was just wondering how secure your luggage was down in the holding area for those of us who don't want to head out with the cattle drive. Would rather sit up in the Lido, or somewhere else, relax, and enjoy the end of our cruise and not have to stand in line and and fight the crowds. Do you think our luggage will be ok?

Old August 17th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Luanne..do you put your husband and the boys out the night before also? did your husband notice the woman across the hall in the robe ? That was probably Carnival's robe that she was stealing so the best way to steal is to be bold and wear it right past the staff with nothing on underneath it (VBG)
Old August 17th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Yeoman

HA HA HA...I actually have a picture of that.

Old August 17th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Your luggage is safe. You should have no problems with picking it up, when you leave the ship. I do have one or two suggestions. If you are traveling with someone who might be on another floor, and have different color tags. You can go to the Pursers desk the night before, and get new tags to match all of your luggage, so that it will all be in the same section in the terminal. Our kids were on a different floor, and we didn't want to have to wait for them to find their luggage.

Venice, I did not put my hubby out, but I did lock myself out, with only a night gown on. The lady purchased her robe that morning. I heard her hollering that morning, and we went to see who had been murdered. Someone walking by said "I'll bet it was your hubby's fault" She was already crying, but started yelling, "I don't have a husband" "No one will marry me" I think those tears were bigger than her, oh s*** I have to leave the ship in my night gown.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 17th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Your luggage is safe. You should have no problems with picking it up, when you leave the ship. I do have one or two suggestions. If you are traveling with someone who might be on another floor, and have different color tags. You can go to the Pursers desk the night before, and get new tags to match all of your luggage, so that it will all be in the same section in the terminal. Our kids were on a different floor, and we didn't want to have to wait for them to find their luggage.

Venice, I did not put my hubby out, but I did lock myself out, with only a night gown on. The lady purchased her robe that morning. I heard her hollering that morning, and we went to see who had been murdered. Someone walking by said "I'll bet it was your hubby's fault" She was already crying, but started yelling, "I don't have a husband" "No one will marry me" I think those tears were bigger than her, oh s*** I have to leave the ship in my night gown.

Luanne
Luanne.........you are absolutely a wealth of information. Thank you for answering all my stupid questions. Even though I've cruised before, it's been about 2 years and will be 3 years since my last cruise and have forgotten many things. You and Mike, Dina, Fern and the rest have been wonderful in answering all our questions. Thank you so much.

Old August 17th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Admiral

I actually enjoy answering questions. None to this point have seemed silly.

Believe me when I say that I don't say, "Oh Lord, she is asking another question."

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 17th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Yeoman

Thanks Luanne and the rest.

Old August 17th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Admiral

Luanne..lets get back to the woman in the robe..did she have VIP status with Carnival ? (VBG)..what did she look like in her robe ? was she more Diamond Dave The Wave style or mine ?
Old August 17th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Admiral

I don't have a come back for those questions.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008