CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival agents (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/319247-carnival-agents.html)

candj August 17th, 2006 12:28 AM

Carnival agents

We are looking to book our second cruise, should we use the carnival agents or can anybody recomend a better source?

iamblking August 17th, 2006 02:15 AM

I think most people on this board will recommend a TA. I'm still new to cruising but on both of my Carnival bookings I have used the Carnival agents. I find them very polite and very helpful. They seem to go the extra mile for you.

MaryLou August 17th, 2006 06:07 AM

My suggestion is always to use a travel agent, preferrably a cruise only agent. Ask some of your friends for recommendations or use anyone of the agents that advertise here at CruiseMates.

venice August 17th, 2006 07:02 AM

I concur..the value of a good travel agent is to be your advocate when something goes wrong and also a good travel agent has information about all cruise lines

cruisenlove August 18th, 2006 12:08 PM

never go through carnival for booking. Always use a travel agent. Sims family travel is good source.

freida August 18th, 2006 12:33 PM

Don't use the internet

When something is wrong you will get not be assisted, because you can not get in contact with the person you booked with.
I too would like to get a good source for bookings. Any suggestions would be great. I live in California.

UConn1 August 18th, 2006 04:16 PM

Well, my TA of 15 years is getting out of the business, but I was lucky enough to find a great Carnival PVP. I used to think I would never find a good PVP, but I was wrong. I actually get better service from him than I did from my TA for the last 5 years she worked.

Jodi

rescuedad August 18th, 2006 04:20 PM

What is the difference between a TA and a PVP?

reverendjeff August 18th, 2006 05:14 PM

A PVP is a Carnival agent.

iamblking August 18th, 2006 10:30 PM

My PVP this time sent me her business card with her direct line, email address, hours and days off. I personally could not be happier with the service I have received from Carnival. These agents make a commission just as a TA does so it is in their best interest to keep you a happy and return customer.

Potter August 19th, 2006 06:24 AM

I went with a PVP this time, she has given me more info than a TA. She even wants us to call her before we leave so she can give us more info on the Keys, as we will be spending a couple days there after the cruise. We have a price break so far and have our shuttle from the airport to the Port covered and 110.00 ship credit. Who knows maybe more deals to come before we sail. I am happy with our PVP!!!! Lynn

dfhawk60 August 19th, 2006 08:39 AM

We use a PVP and are very happy. she has ALWAYS gotten us discounts, and/or upgrades. she knows the type of ships we prefer. we always hear back from her on the same day we leave a message. we get a call from her a few days before and after each cruise. so far the only complaint is that we have never had the price we paid get beat so we could get a credit :D

Bob M August 19th, 2006 04:57 PM

I have used a Carnival agent for our 3 cruises & couldn't be more happy with her.... ALWAYS nice to me on my dumb questions..... Explains the breakdown of the cruise pricing.... Even introduced me to the Military Discount program..... I get regular emails from her on deals with the military discount.... I guess you could get a bad agent on both sides, if you do just seek out another one to replace them....

ParrotRob August 19th, 2006 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob M
I have used a Carnival agent for our 3 cruises & couldn't be more happy with her.... ALWAYS nice to me on my dumb questions..... Explains the breakdown of the cruise pricing.... Even introduced me to the Military Discount program..... I get regular emails from her on deals with the military discount.... I guess you could get a bad agent on both sides, if you do just seek out another one to replace them....

There sure seem to be a lot of military discount folks on these boards. Is the military discount a "set" amount, a percentage, or does it vary from cruise to cruise? Also, is it active duty only, or does it apply to reservists and national guard? What about civilian employees of the armed services (before you laugh, civilian employees are entitled to all MWR services in the Pentagon, for instance).

Bob M August 19th, 2006 06:14 PM

You must be able to document at least 2 years active duty... I faxed a copy of my Naval DD-214..... The discount will vary by ship, time of year & length of the cruise.... We booked the Celebration on Sept.. 9th (5-day) for $518 for 2 people (included Gov. taxes), the only extra will be our tips & our impluse buying :) ..... There is a limited amount of Military Discounts on each cruise & are normally gone a month before departure so you have to lock the discount in as early as you can....