Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2006, 12:51 PM
Yeoman

Default Most memorable person

Who (or what, in some cases) is the most memorable person you have either seen or met on any cruise you've been on.

Mine were the slipper people a few years ago on Holland America Volendam. They had at least 12 pair of slippers...each (cartoon or animal slippers) that they wore all over the ship........and yes, even to formal nights, around the pool, and everywhere.

I hope everyone has a wonderful cruise!
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2006, 07:55 PM
Admiral

the couple that were in their 90's, both were born in Germany and fell in love as teenagers during the rise to power of Hitler..he was catholic, she was Jewish..the escaped to South Africa and married and raised a family and were there when Nelson Mandela was finally freed

The evening dinner conversations with them were riveting !!!
Old August 24th, 2006, 06:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Most memorable persons I ever met on a cruise are our own Ray and Helen. Always on the go they have been to so many interesting places. Ray is always organising activities for CruiseMates. They are always welcoming and gracious to everyone.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 27th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

On my very first cruise back in 1985, I met a couple from California. Roy and Fran. They were professional ballroom dancers. I was fascinated. Loved to watch them dance every night. They had been all over the world, and I remember them telling me the most beautiful sunset they had ever seen was in Rio. They had been on a cruise and were up on deck watching it leave port.
Carnival Fascination - April 2004, October 2005, Dec 2006
Sovereign of the Seas - Sept. 2003, April 2005, Oct. 2005, Sept. 2006
Carnival Sensation - September 2007

Old September 4th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

The most memorable person on my cruise would be Cruise Director Mark Price. He was so hilarious and energetic and such an excellent character.
Old September 5th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Passenger

The most memorable people for me were two women who sat at my table for formal dining. Best friends cruising together. The acted so sweet and proper at the table, But I caught them several times on the lido deck quite tipsy, and in Cozumel as well. What was funny about it was how they said they weren't really drinking much on the cruise, and I brought up when I saw them, they got all embarrased and were doing the shush finger motion. It was all in good fun, but seeing two older women( both were probably in their 50s) that were trying to sneek in drinking on a cruise ship was way too cute.
Old September 5th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Admiral

Hey Loki!

Quote:
It was all in good fun, but seeing two older women( both were probably in their 50s) that were trying to sneek in drinking on a cruise ship was way too cute.
I resemble that remark! But I don't sneak... and I take my DH, who IS my best friend!

The most memorable person I've seen on a cruise was a woman who dressed like a fortune teller all the time. Her DH and DS dressed "normally". Now I wish I'd met her. She was probably a very interesting person!

Also memorable (but not in a good way) was the young couple who were married on the ship. He was a *******! He kept ordering her around and complaining if she ate more than a few bites of food (she was almost anorexic as it was) . It was so sad to watch. I hope that she's gotten away from him by now.

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014