Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2006, 05:18 PM
Captain

Default Cost of shuttle to Port Canaveral????

My husband and I just booked flights to Orlando. We are cruising on the Fantasy Sept. 25. What is the cost of the shuttle to Port Canaveral? We would appreciate any information you can give us.

THANKS!

Libragirl from Texas
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2006, 06:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

A year ago, we paid $50 per person, round trip. All went very smoothly and I didn't think the cost was that much, taxi would of been a lot more.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 22nd, 2006, 08:08 PM
Captain

Thanks, Donna.

Libragirl (Mary)
Old August 22nd, 2006, 09:43 PM
Passenger

Just returned from Fantasy cruise and the shuttle was definitely $50 round trip. All went smoothly, no problems.
Takes about 45 minutes to get to Port Canaveral, depending on traffic.

Aussie Jan
Old August 23rd, 2006, 06:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

We flew in the day before the cruise and used Art's Shuttle one way, it was $65 to our hotel in Cocoa Beach. We went back on the Carnival shuttle and that was$25.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 23rd, 2006, 01:27 PM
Captain

Aussie Jan and Cruznut 2,

Thanks for your help!!

Libragirl from Texas
Old August 23rd, 2006, 02:19 PM
Captain

we will being going to port canaveral on the shuttle and will coast us
50.oo
Old August 23rd, 2006, 07:50 PM
Captain

Thanks, Paddletoe!!

Libragirl
Old August 23rd, 2006, 11:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Have you looked into hiring a car to take you. We did that one year and it was not much more than a shuttle and I loved it. Just the two of us picked up and dropped off.
Old August 24th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Captain

Marvlgirl,

We may check on that. Thanks!!!

Libragirl
Old August 27th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Passenger

We sailed the Glory in August 2005 and picked up a rental Mini-van to and from Port Canaveral. The rental company was located at the Orlando Airport which made the pickup and drop off of the rental car easy. Just as the other posters have said the trip to Port Canaveral was a straight shot and it took about 45 minutes. Here's the best part, once I arrived in Port Canaveral I dropped the car off at the local office on Route 1A which was less than a mile from the terminal and was shuttled to the ship by the rental company. When the Glory returned the following week we were picked up by the rental company to get our car for the return trip to the Orlando Airport. I don't have my receipt from last year but I believe that the total cost of the mini-van rental was $115.00 divided amongst and our two friends, it surely beat the $50.00 per person and it afforded us more options.
Sensation 10/2002
Majesty of the Seas 4/2003
Glory 8/2005
Miracle 8/2006
Imagination 8/2007
Destiny 11/2007
Valor 7/2008
Victory .
Old August 28th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Passenger

Cruznut2,

Your experience is just what I am looking to do............

We want to fly in a day early and take a shuttle to a hotel in cocoa beach, but on the return we want to go directly to the airport.

Which hotel did you stay in and did they have a shuttle to the port? Did you arrange your return shuttle or just grab one when you got back.

We are going on the Glory on 5/12/07, the flights in on the day of arrive way to late for me, plus its a lot cheaper to fly in on Friday the 11th.

Thanks for your help, this has been drigving me nuts!

Carrie

1997 Carnival Fantasy Eastern Carib.
1998 Celebrity Mercury Western Carib.
2001 Royal Carribean Enchantment Eastern Car.
2003 Royal Caribbean Navigator Eastern Cariib.
Old August 28th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Captain

Washijoh,

Thanks for the information. Can you remember the name of the car rental agency that you used? My husband and I might see if we can find another couple or two who might want to share the car to the port. That would definitely save us all some money.

Libragirl
Old August 30th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Beginner

I sailed the Glory twice. The first time we used the carnival shuttle. 25$ per person. The second time on the Glory I arrived in Orlando the day before and rented a car from Budget. (There are several car rental agencies that have offices in the port canaveral area) This way I could sightsee for a day. I then stayed at a hotel in Cocoa area and returned the car close to the port and they shuttled me to the ship. On the way back I also rented a car (Budget also picks you up at the ship) as I had a 6pm flight. That way I could also do some sightseeing prior to going to the airport.

Go to Mousesavers.com and look up the info they have on transportation for disney cruises. The info is good for Carnival too. I also found discount codes on that site which gave me an excellent rate on my rental.
A good hint I learned from these boards is if you use Budget.... join their "fastbreak" program which pre-registers you. In the terminal there was a long line of people waiting to get a car, while I went right to the garage with one person in front of me and had my rental car in a snap.

Good luck with whatever you do and have a GREAT cruise!!
Old August 31st, 2006, 11:40 AM
Captain

CruisingCathy,

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. This will be our first time cruising out of Port Canaveral, and we really needed all this information.

HAPPY CRUISING TO ALL!!!

Libragirl (Mary)
Old August 31st, 2006, 01:27 PM
Passenger

Libragirl

We rented from Budget, however all of the major CAr Rental Company's were located at the airport and all were within a short walk with luggage to the car. We actully paid less for the rental from Orlando to Port Canaveral than the return back to the airport, go figure. By the time that we returned from the Eastern Caribbean I was so sad that my time on the Glory was over that I didn't even care. Just as Cruznut2, we flew in the day before, but we stayed at the Fairfield Inns (Airport Hotel) which is 5 minutes from the airport. The overnight cost last year was $69.99 which included complimentary buffet breakfast and to top it off it was a very nice hotel. Good luck with your dedision and enjoy your cruise.
Sensation 10/2002
Majesty of the Seas 4/2003
Glory 8/2005
Miracle 8/2006
Imagination 8/2007
Destiny 11/2007
Valor 7/2008
Victory .
Old August 31st, 2006, 04:38 PM
Captain

Washijoh,

Thanks again for the information. It sounds like you also got a great deal on the hotel. We are flying in on the day of the cruise, but I will keep that in mind when and if we cruise out of Port Canaveral again.

Libragirl